Philip Malyavin’s large-scale exhibition is open at the Russian Museum Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. Five halls were occupied by the exhibition of Philip Malyavin, which opened on September 19 at the Russian Museum. The exhibition features 110 paintings by the artist of various periods of his work. The works are selected from the collections of various Russian museums and private collections. Some of the works were delivered from museums in Switzerland and the United States.
Thanks to the assistance of foreign museums, visitors to the exhibition can see 16 works by Philip Malyavin, executed by him in exile, and never before exhibited in Russia. The foreign period of the artist’s work before this exhibition was practically unfamiliar to Russian connoisseurs of painting.
The creations of Philip Malyavin, written after 1922, were known only to a narrow circle of specialists at home. Only in the second half of the twentieth century, the artist’s painting gained fame in Russia. The exhibition opened for the first time in such detail introduces the Russians to the work of Malyavin.
The first room houses the early works of Malyavin, written by him while studying at the Academy of Arts of St. Petersburg, with Ilya Repin. Among them, the central place is occupied by his painting "Laughter", executed as a competitive work for the title of artist, and rejected by professors of the Academy.
However, a year later, in 1900, the painting “Laughter” received the highest award at the world exhibition in Paris - the Gold Medal, and a year later it was acquired by the Museum of Modern Art of the city of Venice, from where it was delivered to the Russian Museum.
In the following rooms are placed not only paintings, but also drawings, among which are portraits of famous people. The last room is reserved for works written during the years of emigration. Many of them use Russian themes. They were successfully demonstrated at exhibitions in Europe.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- In the Russian Museum, the exhibition "Soil and Fate" talked about the Plast dynasty
- Ten unknown works by Karl Bryullov at an exhibition in the Russian Museum
- Artist and poet Boris Kocheyshvili - personal exhibition in the Russian Museum
- Residents of Samara will see the work of Filonov and Malevich from the collection of the Russian Museum
- An exhibition of paintings by Silver Stallone has opened at the Russian Museum
- Exhibition at the Russian Museum - the work of the artist Oleg Krotkov for 50 years
- The anniversary exhibition of Leonid Borisov in the Russian Museum on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the artist
- "Drei große Porträtmaler" aus der Sammlung des Russischen Museums werden den Bewohnern von Murmansk vorgestellt
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!