Attractiveness and practicality of natural stone Automatic translate
The world of interior design and architectural craftsmanship is constantly striving to integrate natural materials and in this pursuit the charm of natural stone is unmatched. Its timeless beauty, durability and uniqueness have made it a top choice for residential applications.
Today we have a short tour of the New Stone workshop in Moscow , which manufactures and assembles products of any complexity from natural stone: link to the site .
Types of natural stone and their optimal application
The exquisite veining and polished surface of marble make it the perfect material for luxurious floors, elegant countertops and stunning accent walls. Known for its luxurious appeal and rich color range, marble, despite its softness, allows for intricate detailing and carvings.
Granite is durable, heat and scratch resistant, making it ideal for high traffic areas and kitchen countertops. Granite, with its grainy appearance and extensive color palette, exudes a combination of rugged aesthetics and sophisticated elegance.
The porous texture and earthy tones of travertine make it an excellent choice for outdoor patios, pool decks and bathrooms. It gives rooms a rustic appeal and a weathered charm, while the rough surface of travertine makes it suitable for rooms exposed to moisture.
The muted textures and soft tones of limestone make it suitable for floors, fireplaces and bathroom backsplashes. Limestone radiates a soft elegance that creates a warm atmosphere, while its natural variations give it depth and character.
The layered look and matte finish make it ideal for kitchen backsplashes (wall behind worktop), bathroom floors and accent walls. Its resilience and water resistance not only provide an aesthetic, durable and stain-resistant surface, but also blend seamlessly with rustic and modern designs.
Characteristics and advantages of natural stone
Eternal beauty. Each installation made of natural stone is a testament to the uniqueness of its patterns and shades, guaranteeing the exclusivity and authenticity of any space.
Durability. With proper care, natural stone is almost immune to wear and tear over time, making it an investment that will last for generations.
Hypoallergenicity allows you to use natural stone anywhere, as it does not trap dust, pollen and other allergens.
Thermal efficiency. The thermal mass of the stone helps to regulate the temperature in the room, helping to improve energy efficiency and reduce utility costs.
Increasing the value of real estate. The use of natural stone greatly increases the market value of a property, reflecting its luxury and durability.
- Determine the type of stone depending on the patency at the place of use and functional purpose. Opt for durable granite for countertops and softer marble for low-traffic areas.
- Choose stones that are in harmony with the color scheme and design theme, using a variety of natural stone patterns.
- You need to understand what requirements apply to different types of stone. Some of them may require periodic sealing or special cleaning.
- The cost of natural stone varies markedly, so when choosing, you should focus on your budget and take into account the possibility of increasing the cost of the object. Do not confuse the cheaper "artificial stone" with natural. Composite materials, in the name of which marketers add the phrase "artificial stone" can only resemble real stone in appearance, but, of course, they do not possess the characteristics of natural stone. Most often these are materials based on plastics, acrylic, adhesives, and sometimes small particles of natural stone.
- Do not neglect the advice of the masters for choosing a stone for a particular use. For an informed choice and accurate installation, contact the New Stone profile workshop, where stone specialists with extensive experience work, ready to advise on the choice of material, production and installation of finished products on site.
The main disadvantage of natural stone, of course, is its price. The cost of natural stone and installation can be significant, limiting access to it for budget-conscious homeowners and making it a premium building material.
Some types of stone require ongoing regular maintenance to prevent staining, etching, and other damage.
If not used carefully, softer rocks such as marble and limestone can be prone to scratches and wear, especially in high traffic areas.
The significant weight of natural stone may require additional preparation and structural support during installation, such as kitchen countertops, walls, stairs.
The use of natural stone in the interior is evidence that a person strives for durability, quality and architectural perfection of the room. Each type of stone gives a special charm, suitable for certain areas in the house. The decision to use natural stone requires a thoughtful balance of aesthetic, functional and operational aspects. Despite certain difficulties and high price, the sophistication and durability that it gives to living spaces justify the investment in it, turning a simple home into a luxury and sophistication. Therefore, natural stone is and will always be a symbol of timeless elegance in residential design.
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!