"New Coming" at the Moscow Museum of Modern Art Automatic translate
From October 27, Muscovites have the opportunity to get acquainted with the work of the artists of the Leningrad underground, who worked in a critical era from the 1980s to 1991. The exhibition "New Coming" was first organized by MMOMA and will last until December 9. It included more than a hundred exhibits - paintings and graphic paintings, collages, video and photo works, poetry and prose of artists who painfully feel the cultural and social rift, requiring a radical revision of traditional art.
For the tradition, whatever it was, at this time there was no place: the ideas of pre-revolutionary art were too far from the realities of the world, the Soviet tradition has outlived itself, Western influence has inspired even more fog. Creative people who found themselves in a similar situation were on the platoon, internal contradictions and emotional instability, mental anguish and, at the same time, the desire to create - all this gave rise to a completely original art. It is not surprising that it was precisely such creativity that inspired cult director Sergei Solovyov to create the film Assa, in which Viktor Tsoi played one of the secondary roles with brilliance.
The group of "new artists" included more than 70 people united by the idea of making a cultural revolution. The first to enter it were Sergey Sotnikov, Oleg Kotelnikov, Georgy Guryanov, Andrey Medvedev, Vadim Ovchinnikov and others. They were inspired by the ideas of the Russian avant-garde and “zero art”. The main goal was the transformation of the world around us - the transfer of art from canvases to the surrounding reality. The cultural space should not only be in museum halls and exhibition galleries, but also surround every person from all sides. The whole world around must be "rewritten", redrawn and reborn through creativity.
- Exhibition project for the anniversary of Boris Grebenshchikov opened in MMOMA
- Lithographs and engravings by M. K. Escher at an exhibition in the MMOMA Museum
- Igor Dryomin: Fragment of Infinity / Une fraction d’infini
- In MMOMA presented the exhibition of the artist from the USA Eduard Beckerman "Beyond Dreams"
- The American archive of Ilya Ilf is open to the public
- Igor Dryomin: MMOMA
- "Theater - territory of freedom" - the work of the artist Vasily Shukhaev at an exhibition in Magadan
- Thin Citizens at MMOMA on Gogolevsky
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!