An exhibition of engravings prepared for the 100th anniversary of the opening of the first museum in Ivanovo Automatic translate
IVANOVO. On February 28, the art museum will open an exhibition of prints made by graphic artists of the 17-19th century. The exhibition is dedicated to the anniversary of the first museum opened in Ivanovo.
It was, founded exactly one hundred years ago, the Museum of Industry and Art, the creator of which was Dmitry Gennadyevich Burylin, a famous Ivanovo manufacturer and collector. The meeting of the patron became the foundation of the Art Museum fund.
The exposition includes more than fifty graphic works belonging to art schools in various countries. Among them are works made by Russian masters. Many of the works will be shown publicly for the first time. The works of Russian printed graphics presented at the exhibition date back to the 18-19th century.
The earliest engravings were made by I.F. Zubov, a contemporary of Peter the Great. Visitors to the exhibition will be able to see the work of I. A. Selivanov, a brilliant master, one of the first creators of multicolor metal engravings. Portrait engraving is represented by the graceful works of I. A. Bersenev. The famous sculptor M.I. Kozlovsky was also fond of creating engravings. The exposition includes his works on antique subjects.
Among the works of European masters, the engravings made by the popular caricature master James Gillray and the genre engravings by John Raphael Smith are especially notable. A very rare engraving “Marriage to the Rich” is presented. This is the work of William Hogarth, a famous 18th-century English artist, and belongs to the Mota Career series.
The works of Italian masters are mainly devoted to architecture, portrait engravings and genre scenes are represented by works of French graphic artists. Among the authors of the works included in the exhibition, there are representatives of Dutch art.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Hombre del Renacimiento. Recordando a Sollertinsky
- Exhibition by the artist Tatyana Komlyakova "Patterns on Canvas and Stone" at the Ivanovo Stone Museum
- The exhibition "Artists of Chuvashia" arrived in Ivanovo, and "Artists of the Land of Ivanovo" visit in Cheboksary
- Announced the results of the anniversary festival "Mirror"
- A book about Tarkovsky, based on rare documents and photographs, has been released
- In the Ivanovo Puppet Theater, the performance "He, She and War" opened the festival "Anthill-2016"
- In the Ivanovo region started the film festival "Mirror"
- "My city" - an exhibition of the Ivanovo painter N. Maximychev in the regional art museum
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!