The Russian Museum celebrated the anniversary of Vasily Vereshchagin with a large-scale exhibition Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. From April 20, visitors to the Russian Museum will be able to get acquainted in detail with the work of Vasily Vereshchagin. Most connoisseurs of painting, he is known as a battle painter, however, visitors to the exhibition will have the opportunity to see another side of the work of the famous artist.
For the first time, the exhibition dedicated to the 175th anniversary of the artist included not only his battle painting, but also works made by Vasily Vereshchagin during his many travels. In the exhibition halls there are landscape sketches written by the artist in different countries, plot compositions and portraits of their inhabitants. All these works are documentary-ethnographic painting.
In addition to these works of Vasily Vereshchagin, almost unknown to the general public, visitors to the exhibition are given the opportunity to see the artist’s works lost for various reasons. Even during the life of the artist, they were photographed. These photos are also on display.
In the main part of the exhibition, visitors will see more famous works. Most of the paintings came to the exhibition from the collection of the Russian Museum, but part of the exhibition consists of works delivered to St. Petersburg from other museums. The organizers of the exhibition and private collectors supported.
Vereshchagin called himself an artist of military scenes. Among his works it is difficult to find official portraits. The artist, who knew about the tragedy of the war not from other people’s words, spoke in his paintings about the huge human drama, about the suffering and the heroic spirit of its participants. Creating works about the war, Vasily Vereshchagin spread the ideas of peace.
You can see the exhibition dedicated to the anniversary of the painter, famous during his lifetime, until July 24.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Ausstellung zur Erinnerung an die Moskauer Künstlerin Irina Vereshchagina in der Halle des Landwirtschaftsministeriums auf der Kusnezker Brücke
- Igor Dryomin: "15 years of Stepnaya Nirvana"
- The new project, which opened in the Yaroslavl Art Museum, is dedicated to the work of Vasily Vereshchagin
- Pinturas originales del maestro de la pintura de batalla Vereshchagin en el Museo de Cherepovets
- Ausstellung "50 Jahre VV Vereshchagin Studio des Innenministeriums Russlands"
- Igor Dryomin: Exposición de Igor Vereshchagin en MOMM
- Gruppenausstellung der Moskauer Künstler: Galina Lopatina, Vladimir Fomichev, Evgeny Vereshchagin
- Igor Dremin: Igor Vereshchagin "Given & Stolen"
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!