Exhibition "Alexander Labas. October" opened in IRRI Automatic translate
MOSCOW. The first of October was the opening day of the exhibition of paintings and graphic works by Alexander Labas, a Russian avant-garde artist. The exposition of the exhibition, created from paintings included in the largest series of works by Alexander Labas - “October”, occupied several IRRI rooms.
About fifty works included in the exhibition arrived at the exhibition from the largest Russian museums. In addition to the Tretyakov Gallery, the Russian Museum, the Pushkin Museum, the Kostroma Art Museum and the Labas Foundation took part in the creation of the exhibition. The professionalism of the design of the exhibition has already been appreciated by its first guests, who visited a special show held last Tuesday.
One of the guests was Olga Golodets, who called the exhibition a huge artistic achievement. The creators of the exhibition placed at the entrance to the exhibition halls "Self-portrait on the background of the" October ". Alexander Labas wrote this work in 1978, by his creation emphasizing his involvement in the creation of the most important cycle of paintings in his life.
Anastasia Serenko, art historian at IRRI, said that the October events occurred when the artist was only 17 years old. At this time, Alexander Labas made sketches of the faces of armed soldiers, which later inspired him to create works of the cycle, on which the artist worked all his life.
Only thirty years old, he painted the picture, which became the beginning of the series "October". Creating this cycle, the artist did not emphasize his sympathies to any of the parties. Recording the events that took place, Alexander Labas emphasized that the revolution is an element, madness. The faces of the heroes of his paintings are hiding behind a light fog, so it is impossible to make out. So the artist turns specific people into images of participants in the events of the revolution.
The cycle "October" can be seen on December 10.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Igor Dryomin: Romantic Realism. Soviet painting 1925-1945
- Bei der Eröffnungsausstellung präsentiert "Artists VDNH" die Geschichte des berühmtesten Ausstellungskomplexes
- "Masterpieces of seven generations" arrived at the Kaliningrad Museum of Art
- Temas bíblicos de Helium Korzhev en la exposición dedicada a la memoria del maestro.
- Der Film "Vaska" - ein Versuch, ein normales Leben zu beginnen
- Ausstellung des Künstlers Andrei Drozdov "Auf der Hut des Vaterlandes"
- The head of the hedge fund bought a picture of Picasso for a record 155 million dollars
- Retrospective of painting by Viktor Popkov at the Academy of Arts
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!