Biblical subjects on the lithographs of Marc Chagall in the Art Bank Gallery Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. On December 27, the Art Bank Gallery hosted the opening of the La Bible exhibition, the exposition of which presents the works of Marc Chagall, which occupy the most important place in the work of the great master. The exhibition hall contains more than 60 illustrations for the events described in the Old Testament. Marc Chagall began work on these works in the 30s. Recent works in this series were created after the end of World War II.
Illustrations for the Bible, made by a world-famous artist, give visitors the opportunity to visit the extraordinary world created by colorful lithographs. The sensations gained from exploring unique works of art are complemented by finely tuned music.
Each plot depicted in lithographs is accompanied by Bible texts placed next to them. The organizers of the exhibition provided an opportunity for visitors to receive many new impressions and emotions, as well as to see the artist’s work in terms of his perception of scripture texts.
In his works, Marc Chagall revealed not only the wisdom and grandeur of the Bible, but also emphasized the warmth and intimacy of biblical texts. The artist created the first works of this series by order of the famous Parisian publisher Ambroise Vollard. The publisher was not able to see these works published.
The first part of the series was released only in 1956. They were published in America, where the artist moved at that time. He continued to work on the biblical cycle after traveling to holy places. Inspired by his impressions, he mastered the technique of multicolor lithography, and then proceeded to create new works. In total, Marc Chagall created 105 color lithographs.
You will be able to see the unique exhibition at Art Bank until March 1.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Der berühmte "Geiger" Chagall auf eine Tischdecke geschrieben
- In the museum "Erarta" opened "Gouache two O" - an exhibition of works by artists working in the technique of "gouache on paper"
- The FBI and the Los Angeles Police returned 9 paintings stolen 6 years ago
- In Paris, they will burn fake Chagall
- The exhibition "Marc Chagall. La Bible" opened in the art center "Perinnye Ryady"
- Actors of the Grotesque Theater brought to the festival a performance about the great Chagall
- Los bielorrusos descubrieron a Chagall en sí mismos, ¡en el arte con la cabeza!
- Aventuras de Año Nuevo en el museo "¿A dónde vuela Chagall?" (5-10 años)
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!