The novel about the murder of Bob Marley became Booker’s favorite automatic translate
LONDON. The novel of the Jamaican writer Marlon James «A Brief History of the Seven Murders» took a leading position in a short list of nominees for one of the most prestigious English literary awards Man Booker Prize 2015.
At the heart of this interesting work of art is the real story of an attempt on the murder of a cult performer of the reggae Bob Marley (1945-1981). The excitement around the book is caused precisely by the fact that it describes this little-known fact from the biography of the icon of the Rastamans. However, as noted by literary critics, «A Brief History of the Seven Murders» without it deserves attention. Otherwise, she would not have been chosen among 156 other works to participate in the final part of the Booker competition. Moreover, according to some authoritative writers of Great Britain, Marlon James has a real chance of receiving the main cash prize of 50 thousand pounds sterling.
It should be noted that for the second year in the literary competition not only works of English writers are allowed, but also works by authors of other nationalities who write in English and are published in Britain.
The main prize competition included twelve more works, including such novels as «Laura’s Account» by Laila Lalami, «Did you ever have a family?» Bill Clegg, Lila, Marilyn Robinson, Tom McCarthy’s Silk Island, Little Life «,» Illuminations «by Andrew O. Khagan,» Bells «by Anna Smiley,» Resting on Jupiter «by Anuradha Roy and others.
- Summary of the novel Fifty Shades of Gray, by E. L. James
- The great novel of Leo Tolstoy in the British list of literary masterpieces. And this is not "War and Peace"
- Lista corta del Booker internacional: seis autores en busca de la verdad
- Rückkehr von "Tutu"
- Posthumous Costa für Poesie voller Lebensfreude
- Das Gemälde gilt als Fälschung und wird Lucas dem Älteren zugeschrieben
- El festival "Pushkin en Gran Bretaña" culminó con la victoria de Galina Lazareva de Australia
- Cómo la fotografía se convierte en un nuevo líder en inversión en arte