New technologies will help reveal the secrets of the great playwright Automatic translate
STRATFORD ON AVON. Scientists have scanned Shakespeare’s grave.
To the 400th anniversary of the death of William Shakespeare (William Shakespeare) a little more than a month. A scan of his grave in the Church of the Holy Trinity, conducted last month using radar, will help to obtain reliable information on the burial of the playwright. The results of the studies, which will be published in the near future, will help establish whether the remains of Shakespeare rest in the crypt. Or the grave is completely empty, as some have suggested. Exhumation has never been done. The epitaph knocked out on the tombstone contains a request not to dig buried remains and an early curse on whoever decides to.
The oldest building in Stratford (Stratford-upon-Avon) - the Church of the Holy Trinity - was erected in 1210 instead of the Saxon monastery. Her parish book contains records of Shakespeare’s baptism and burial. Here lie his wife, daughters and son-in-law. The temple is visited annually by thousands of tourists. The main attraction remains the place of eternal repose of a genius, located in a niche with its bust. Here you can admire the carved misericords and stained glass windows.
The day when all the secrets and mystifications concerning Shakespeare’s personality will be unraveled will certainly come. There will be manuscripts confirming his authorship. Or irrefutable facts about the greatest falsification of the millennium will be revealed. To start, let’s wait for the scan results.
Elena Tanakova © Gallerix.ru
- Die Aufführung des Kleinen Theaters "Shakespeare’s Night" in Weliki Nowgorod beendete das Festival "Living Shakespeare"
- Christopher Marlowe is the official co-author of Shakespeare. To start …
- Kaluga Drama Theater opened the anniversary season with the musical performance "Romeo and Juliet"
- In the Nizhny Novgorod Theater "Comedy" premiered the play "The Taming of the Shrew"
- Jahr mit Shakespeare. Der große Dramatiker als Diplomat
- The Baltic House Festival, which opened for the 24th time, is dedicated to the anniversary of Shakespeare
- This year, the Hermitage will open its doors with the play Lear King
- Exhibition "Shakespeare Gallery"