Artifacts or the search for harmony with Marcel Proust Automatic translate
PARIS. More than a hundred artifacts from the archive of modernist writer Marcel Proust put up for auction at Sotheby’s.
Analyzing the work of Marcel Proust in his lecture to students, the great Georgian philosopher Merab Mamardashvili accurately determined the emotional vector that invariably led the writer to the truth. A constant feeling of pure joy, woven from sensations, unexpected associations, sometimes born from contact with something unsophisticated, such as ordinary tea drinking, leading, like a thread of Ariadne, to bright memories of childhood. Following the plot outline of his novel, you inevitably embark on the path of harmony and “rebirth”. Not as a physical individual, but as a spiritual person. Proust had no doubt that the philosophical and psychological background of his works can become moral support for the reader, who is faced with a choice, who is in search of the right solution. However, this is not dogma or immutable truth. Proust compared his books with a dress that might turn out to be just fine, but someone might not fit at all.
A collection of rarities put up for auction at the Sotheby’s auction house on the initiative of the great-granddaughter of the writer Patricia Mante-Proust, is estimated by experts at several hundred thousand euros. The main value is the manuscript of the novel “In the Shade of the Girls in Bloom” (À l’ombre des jeunes filles en fleurs) with notes by the author and the first edition of the book “Towards Swan” (Du côté de chez Swann). Among the lots are rare drawings, letters and photographs of Proust himself and people very close to him. I would like to hope that they will fall into nonrandom hands, conveying a reflection of the joy that lived in Proust’s soul.
Elena Tanakova © Gallerix.ru
- Proust’s letters to a neighbor. Unexpected sensation
- Scam of the century: fakes under the Old Masters upset the world of art
- A book about Tarkovsky, based on rare documents and photographs, has been released
- Sotheby’s sufre pérdidas y despide empleados
- Sotheby’s begins downsizing
- Sotheby’s bailed out over $ 300 million for impressionists and contemporary art
- Chefs of the two largest auction houses resigned simultaneously
- Great Expectations: Why Sotheby’s Is More Successful Than Christie’s
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!