Talent, curiosity and inspired hard labor Automatic translate
MOSCOW. Among the first laureates of the new prize of the Swedish Academy is translator Nina Fedorova.
The years of the reign of King Gustav III - one of the brightest periods in the history of Sweden. Over the years of his reign (1771-1792), the supporter of enlightened absolutism has done a lot. He fought corruption, carried out monetary reform, passed the Freedom of Speech Act, and founded the Royal Theater (Kungliga Dramatiska Teatern), the Royal Opera House (Kungliga Operan) and the Swedish Academy (Svenska Akademien). Members of the latter - writers, politicians, well-known figures of science and culture - are involved in the normalization of the most widespread Scandinavian language, work on dictionaries, and decide on the awarding of the Nobel Prize in literature.
This year, Svenska Akademien decided to establish another award for those who help maintain a clean language. The best translators of Swedish literature from different countries for the first time received an Academy Award, the cash equivalent of which is 100 thousand crowns. These include Danish Anna-Maria Bjerg, Pole Leonard Neuger and Nina Fedorova from Russia. Thanks to her, Russian-speaking readers got acquainted with the best works of Tove Jansson, Lars Gustafsson, Selma Lagerlöf, August Strindberg, Ingmar Bergman, Ernst Ingmarnellk Mannell (Bergman),, author of detective novels about Police Commissioner Kurt Wallander.
In her luggage - not only Swedish, but also German, English, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Icelandic. Her translations presented dozens of wonderful books to a wide audience, helped to recognize many talented authors. A literary gift, curiosity, and wide knowledge in many fields, including the exact sciences, are a guarantee of a consistently excellent result, an adequate transfer of all the nuances of the original into Russian. The best praise for Fedorova is the kind words of the reader about the work on which she worked.
Tatyana Tolstaya once wrote about the ability of her grandfather, the legendary translator Mikhail Lozinsky, to turn the muddy tin of foreign languages into transparent gold of his native language. About the hard labor of the person who chose this profession, who, like Adam, gives names to objects and concepts of a stranger who is blooming outside the garden fence. The name of Nina Fedorova on the title page is the best recommendation for the most experienced reader.
Elena Tanakova © Gallerix.ru
- Two exhibitions prepared for the anniversary of the artist Vasily Shevchenko in Lipetsk
- La famosa artista teatral Maria Fedorova presentó su trabajo en una exposición en el Museo. Bahrushina
- Igor Dryomin: Exhibition of Marina Fedorova "Parallel" in the K35 Art Gallery
- Exhibition of one painting by Konstantin Fedorovich Yuon (1875 - 1958) "In the provinces. City of Torzhok"
- Victor Fedorov. Painting, graphics - on the occasion of the 80th birthday
- An exhibition of etchings by artist Alexander Fedorov at the Chuvash Art Museum
- In the museum to them. Bakhrushin opened the exhibition "Daniil Fedorov. Portrait Theater"
- The exhibition "Artists of Chuvashia" arrived in Ivanovo, and "Artists of the Land of Ivanovo" visit in Cheboksary