The premiere of the play "Marina" based on the play by Lyuba Strizhak in the "Gogol Center" Automatic translate
MOSCOW. In the capital’s theater "Gogol Center" showed the last premiere of this year - the performance of the young director Evgenia Berkovich "Marina". The play was staged based on a play by the beginning playwright Lyubov Strizhak, well-known to theater-goers in the play Sneakers. Many theaters of the country have already included it in their repertoire.
The play “When the Sun Sets” appeared on the scene for the first time. According to Kirill Serebryannikov, head of the Gogol Center, told media representatives, he believes that of the plays written recently, the work of Luba Strizhak is the most talented.
The goal of the Gogol Center is to show the most striking and unusual works of contemporary drama. This is precisely what caused the appearance of the play “Marina” on the stage of the theater. Director Evgenia Berkovich, who has worked on the production for more than three months, says that after meeting the play, she immediately felt a desire to bring it on stage.
Now there are few plays where the circumstances of their action are so perfectly created. The plot of the play is very convenient for embodying it on stage, and the time period of what is happening is short - from sunset, when people go to the forest in search of a missing child, and until dawn. The scene is an abandoned kindergarten, which has turned into the headquarters of search engines.
Here, reality is intertwined with the other world, memories of today. Dead children play musical instruments, placed on the stage next to living people. Sounds melodies written by composer Sergei Nevsky, helping to create a bizarre combination of illusion and reality. Gradually, the thoughts and characters of each of the heroes of the play are revealed to the viewer, while the underlying meaning of the play is exposed.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Gogol Center opens a new theater season for only two months
- Mayakovsky Tragedia: el estreno de la actuación en el Centro Gogol
- The creative association "Gogol Center" summed up the results of the first year of work
- The program "Season of Stanislavsky" involved leading masters of the scene
- The premiere of the play "Medea" took place in the "Gogol Center"
- Kirill Serebryannikov held a creative meeting at the Volkov Theater
- The festival of Irish theaters Fringe opened in the Gogol Center with the play "Child of Man"