"Snuffbox" opened the season with the play "Jeppe s mountains" from the Danish classic Automatic translate
MOSCOW. On September 2, in the small room of the Snuffbox, the premiere of the performance “Jeppe s mountains”, staged by Gleb Cherepanov, opened a new season. The performance is based on a classic Danish play written almost three centuries ago by Ludwig Holberg.
Despite the venerable age of the play, the performance turned out to be surprisingly modern. A significant role in this was played by a new translation of her text, made by Yegor Peregudov. A simple story about how a peasant, sent by his wife to the city for shopping, looked on the way to a tavern, and in the morning he suddenly turned out to be king. Those around convince the protagonist that his previous life only dreamed of him.
This is where the events begin in which it is not difficult to see a caricature of modern reality. Jeppe, feeling like a real king, threatens the manager of execution. The reason for the severe punishment was the silver buttons on his suit, inadmissible with a small salary.
Then the newly-minted king appears on an impromptu platform with impromptu speech stigmatizing corruption. In his speech, notes of famous historical characters sound combined with the sound of the speeches of modern speakers. There is no antics - in the performance you can feel the serious work of the actors.
Eleven premieres are planned for the Snuffbox for the new season, so theater fans will often meet at new performances. Some of them are already being rehearsed for showing in the new theater building. Its opening is planned for next year.
After the actors of the Tabakov Theater master the new stage, the audience will be able to see them not only in the famous basement on Chaplygin Street, but also on Malaya Sukharevskaya Square, where decoration work is already underway.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Et Cetera hosted pre-premiere screening of G. Cherepanov’s play “Birds”
- In the play "Double Bass" the only role is played by Konstantin Khabensky
- Bogomolov’s new work - Boris Godunov will open the season in Lenkom
- Artists of the Moscow Art Theater. Chekhov brought to Volgograd two performances
- Graduates of the school of Oleg Tabakov brought a diploma performance to Saratov
- Oleg Tabakov presented an exhibition in the lobby of the Moscow Art Theater, dedicated to Victor Rozov
- Poems by L. Martynov and lyrics by A. Pushkin in the musical were "Omsk Prisoner"
- The performance staged for the anniversary of Oleg Tabakov, saw the first spectators
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!