Coloring or how to develop a sense of color in your child? Automatic translate
As a child grows up, a sense of color develops. This process can be accelerated by various methods. One of them is the acquaintance of a child with a drawing. In such a playful form, children develop aesthetic color perception faster, as well as understanding what “color” is.
How does the child perceive color?
Interestingly, children, especially toddlers, perceive colors more clearly and literally than adults. They build a relationship to a specific color based on personal feelings, that is, they are repelled by “liked-not liked”. It is also known that children prefer bright, colorful, cheerful colors. Therefore, they are happy to draw with pencils or paints in green, orange, red shades. Over time, the love of catchy flowers goes over to clothes, and to a choice of toys - literally everything.
Depending on age, children are differently able to perceive colors. For example:
- In the first weeks after birth, the baby discerns colors. That is why they are drawn to brighter rattles. Saturated shades cause positive emotions in children and always smile. Already in the 4th month, children quite well distinguish between blue, red, yellow and green colors;
- At two years old, a new skill appears in children. They are able to separate objects based on color. During this period, sensitivity to tones and shades increases;
- At about three years old, children understand and distinguish the entire color spectrum, while they try to name the shades. Thus, through color and drawing, speaking skills can be developed;
- At a late preschool age, a child is able to combine simple colors with each other, understanding which combinations are suitable and which are not.
How to develop a sense of color in a child?
Of course, a child’s color perception will develop if he is introduced to a drawing. This should be done gradually, but at the very beginning of life - literally from the 1st year. First, parents can bring colorful toys, naming their colors, then start painting with a child. The curiosity of the kids is unlimited - they will immediately be interested in jars, paints, pencils and brushes. Then, they will notice that the actions of adults with a pencil or brush leave marks on paper.
At the first acquaintance of a child with a drawing, it is important to correctly organize the process. The best place for creativity will be the floor on which the oilcloth will be spread. Already on it you can put a large sheet and create together. In the first classes, the child is better to offer finger paints. They have rich colors and a special application technique in which the child is included in the process as much as possible.
At this stage, it is not necessary to make the baby know the colors. Understanding of tones and shades he will form, as if, involuntarily. It is enough, for example, to take a yellow pencil and immediately voice the name of the color, repeating it several times. In drawing, it is better to immediately use the main colors: red, blue, yellow and green. They are most simply remembered and are basic.
In the process of drawing, for example, a red apple, the child should ask additional questions. It could be: "what else is red in this room?" So the child will understand that objects can be distinguished by shades, collecting them in groups. Today, there are many drawing techniques that accelerate the process of color perception in a child. The best of them are considered - drawing with watercolors, dry or oil pastels, gouache.
How to notice that a child develops a sense of color?
To determine that the child understands and differs in color is quite simple. You should focus on:
- The ability to name colors (first simple, and then complex - shades of blue, pink, grass, etc.);
- The ability to see colors. Check this skill allows the following method. For example, a blue toy is placed in front of a child, and then they are asked to name the blue objects that he sees around him;
- The ability to mix colors. Such a skill does not appear immediately, but it is possible to accelerate its development by first drawing with dry pastel, then with watercolor paint. For example, a red-yellow apple is placed in front of a child and asked to draw it. In a better version, he should repeat the palette. Further, he is verbally asked to draw a yellow-green typewriter. The child must independently choose the necessary colors from possible pencils and reproduce. Over time, he will begin to understand which shades are combined and which are not, meeting them in objects;
- The ability to distinguish between warm and cold shades. Such a skill is not formed immediately, but around the late preschool age. To develop such a skill, visual examples should always be shown in the drawing process.
Of course, the aesthetic sense of color is a very important skill. It contributes to the development of creativity, aesthetic perception of objects. Children who have developed color perception have their own individual style, which is reflected in clothing, and in interests, and in self-manifestation.
The article was prepared based on the materials of the artist and designer Anda Bars: individual drawing and coloring lessons for children - http://andabars.com/uroki/risovanie-jivopis-dlya-detey
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!