What kind of inflatable boats are there? UpMall spoke about the types and types of inflatable boats Automatic translate
An inflatable boat is a convenient vehicle that is easy to fold and carry over land. According to the international classification, such boats are classified as pleasure craft. If you’ve never used an inflatable vehicle before, this article is for you. You will learn everything about what kind of inflatable boats are, - UpMall talked about the types and types of inflatable boats available even for an inexperienced user.
What kind of inflatable boats are there?
The correct choice of an inflatable boat is the key to successful movement on the water surface. To do this, you need to know what kind of inflatable boats are: their types and types. Let’s list the main ones:
- Rowing boats. Movement in them is carried out with the help of oars. Such models are used for fishing or a short walk.
- Motor rowing. In such facilities, it is possible to install a low-power motor that slightly increases the speed.
- Motorized. Such a craft has protruding sides and a transom where the motor is located. The latter is quite powerful, so movement on water is accelerated.
- With RollUp bottom. Such models have the ability to completely twist together with the bottom, so it is easier to store and transport the vessel. Minus - it is impossible to install a powerful motor on them.
- With Air Deck bottom. They have a flexible keel and a strong transom, so the weight of such structures is small. They are easy to transport and fold.
- Reinforced PVC. These models are the best for frequently used boats. The material is very resistant to sunlight and temperature extremes.
- Unreinforced PVC. Weaker structures, suitable for infrequent use, and it is not recommended to swim to great depths.
- With rubberized fabric. Requires careful care and drying to avoid mold.
- Made from composite materials. Hyparon and neoprene are commonly used. Such models are durable and resistant to external factors.
- RIBs. Combined structures with a rigid bottom made of aluminum or plastic and inflatable sides. They have the highest seaworthiness and speed qualities.
How to choose an inflatable boat according to its characteristics?
What should you pay attention to first of all when choosing a floating craft? Let’s list the important points:
- seams on PVC structures - brazed (better) or glued (worse, “float” at high temperatures);
- bottom - hard makes the structure heavier and stronger, all boats without flooring are inconvenient to use;
- hinged transom - models have the ability to equip a floating craft with a motor, but they can also be used for rowing;
- boat length - up to 250 cm are provided for one person, 250-360 no more than two with equipment, more than 360 cm are used for large companies;
- carrying capacity - this includes the weight of passengers and all equipment placed on the boat, it is recommended to make a reserve of 20-30%;
- diameter of cylinders - diameter 30 cm for light models, more than 45 cm for heavy ones;
- fastening benches - they are placed stationary (rigidly installed) or on lid-ropes (can move);
- color - inflatable boats are available in light colors, which is preferable because they heat up less in the hot season, and camouflage is great for hunters;
- equipment - depending on the purpose for which the watercraft is purchased, its equipment also changes;
- keel - can be rigid and inflatable, it can be used to increase the speed and save fuel for motor boats.
Now you know what inflatable boats are, - UpMall spoke about the types and types of inflatable boats suitable for different situations. Make your choice on the website upmall.ru and buy a quality floating craft!