"Alexander Gegello: between classics and constructivism" automatic translate
с 19 Апреля
по 14 Июля
Государственный музей архитектуры имени А.В. Щусева
ул. Воздвиженка, д.5/25
State Museum of Architecture named after A.V. Shchuseva presents the exhibition project "Alexander Gegello: between classics and constructivism."
В.Ф. Райлян. С.В. Васильковский.
института труда, 1928
The creative career of architect Alexander Ivanovich Gegello (1891 - 1965) began with projects in the classical spirit: this was facilitated not only by his native St. Petersburg, but also by retrospectiveism that was fashionable in the 1910s, and by the powerful school of the Academy of Arts, where Gegello studied with Ivan Aleksandrovich Fomin. In the 1920s, the architect created his most famous buildings - the Palace of Culture named after A. M. Gorky and the ensemble on Traktornaya Street. Like many other avant-garde projects of the young Gegello, they are far from utopian ideas - the architect par excellence, he was primarily interested in the function, how it is embedded in a particular space.
Practicality and professionalism together with the ability to quickly respond to the demands of the era allowed Hegello to carry out more than a hundred projects, mainly in Leningrad. In the late 1930s, when neoclassical tendencies in architecture began to dominate, Gegello did not become a stylist, but continued a deep inner work in rethinking the classical heritage.
The purpose of the first Moscow monographic exhibition is to acquaint visitors with architectural projects and photographs from the Museum’s collection, donated by the widow of architect Nina Vasilievna and supplemented by photographs from the FSB archive in St. Petersburg. About a hundred works of original graphics reveal an amazing artistic talent of the architect, who was seriously interested in drawing, engraving, painting and used various techniques to effectively present their ideas.
Thanks to the design of the exposition, the exhibition will allow you to go back to Leningrad of the mid-1920s - early 1930s: one of the most memorable motifs of the residential area on Tractor Street and the Seraphim plot - semi-arch - will be built in the exposition in accordance with real proportions and painted in the original color, and the model of the House of Technical Studies will allow you to experience the unusual volume of the entrance group.