"Two capitals a century ago" by artist Igor Semennikov at the Benois Museum Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. According to many years of tradition, the Benoit Museum, located on the territory of the Peterhof Museum-Reserve, not only preserves the memory of the famous creative dynasty. Museum staff, through numerous exhibitions of contemporary artists, whose work subtly conveys the poetics of the urban landscape, represents their work. Most of the artists honored to show their work in the famous museum, work in the aesthetics of retrospectivism.
Since August 7, the museum has been holding a personal exhibition by Igor Semenikov “Two capitals a century ago.” The works, written by the artist, allow viewers to return two centuries ago. Visitors to the museum will see long-lost images of Moscow and St. Petersburg, familiar to our contemporaries in newsreels and photographs. The documentary evidence of the past era has become a source of inspiration for the artist, whose talent allowed him to create amazing compositions filled with space and movement.
Igor Semenikov’s paintings have few static images. The squares and streets on the canvases are not deserted - they depict a living element of urban life. Among the paintings, the most diverse subjects - from the celebration of the 200th anniversary of St. Petersburg, to children’s games in the alleys of Moscow. The artist’s works, performed with sweeping strokes, look like just written sketches, giving the audience a sense of presence.
The canvases created by Igor Semennikov are designed for spectators who can appreciate not only the artist’s original style of creativity, but also his erudition. The works created by the painter accompany the author’s literary comments, reminding viewers about historical facts, literary images of two capitals,
Unique canvases can be seen on September 29th.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Ilya Udalov. Silver autumn of old Peterhof
- Igor Dryomin: Peterhof
- In the gallery "Our Artists" a large-scale exhibition of works by Alexandre Benois
- „Meisterwerke der Sammlung“ - die dritte Ausstellung aus dem Zyklus zum 50-jährigen Jubiläum des Museums der Schönen Künste, die in Komsomolsk am Amur eröffnet wurde
- "Way to Wealth" Benjamin Franklin summary
- Gold long dangle earrings: features, purchase
- Exhibition "Nothing Special"
- Lavado de autos de autoservicio: características funcionales y ventajas operativas
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!