SUMMER OF THE LORD. HOLIDAYS. ENTRY TO THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY MOTHER OF GOD Automatic translate
с 2 Декабря
по 12 Февраля
проспект Андропова, д.39
On December 2, the Kolomenskoye Museum-Reserve opens the exhibition “Summer of the Lord. Holidays. Entry into the Church of the Most Holy Theotokos. The exposition in the Palace of Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich will introduce the history and iconography of the holiday, as well as selected events of the earthly life of the Mother of God.
The exhibition will feature more than 40 works of Russian church art of the late 15th - early 20th century from the collection of the Kolomenskoye Museum-Reserve. Among them: icons, works of copper-cast plastic, liturgical books and engravings, as well as religious sculpture.
The exposition presents individual images of the Lord’s (in honor of the Savior) and the Theotokos feasts of the liturgical annual cycle from the Annunciation and the Nativity of Christ to the Crucifixion and Ascension. The exhibition is complemented by especially revered images of the Virgin, such as Our Lady of the Sign, Our Lady of Kazan, Our Lady of Tikhvin, The Burning Bush, Joy of All Who Sorrow, Our Lady Sovereign, and a number of others.
Especially for the exposition, the project curator, art critic Vera Muzheva, created an audio guide that can be used free of charge.
Exhibition “Summer of the Lord. Holidays. Entry into the Church of the Most Holy Theotokos” will be the second in a series of projects dedicated to Orthodox holidays. The name of the cycle is “Summer of the Lord. Holidays ”goes back to the novel by Ivan Shmelev, written in 1927-1948, or rather, to its first part and, accordingly, to the phrase that is used in the 2nd verse of the 61st chapter of the book of the prophet Isaiah. Shmelev’s work is autobiographical, the way of life of a Russian person is described in accordance with the church liturgical year. The first exhibition was presented to the public in the fall of 2022 and is dedicated to the feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Del 23 al 25 de agosto, Suzdal organizó el festival de campanas "Verano del Señor"
- Meine Geliebte. Entstehung des Films. Ausstellung von Alexander Petrov. 6+
- Vorlesung "Kunstgeschichte des 20. Jahrhunderts"
- "Life in the world", an anniversary exhibition of Nikolai Chibisov in the Russian Academy of Arts
- Igor Gusev, Maria Tyapkova "The way to follow" 0+
- For the anniversary of the national artist Alexander Burganov opened a personal exhibition of his work
- "Russia through the eyes of the artist." Evgeny Ladygin with students
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!