"Schukin. Collection Biography" automatic translate
с 19 Июня
по 15 Сентября
Главное здание ГМИИ им. А.С. Пушкина
ул. Волхонка, 12
The composition of the exhibition - more than 450 works: painting, drawing, sculpture, objects of decorative and applied arts; among them about 150 works of painting and sculpture from the collection of Sergei Schukin, including paintings K. Monet (13 works), P. Cezanne (7 works), P. Gauguin (13 works), A. Matisse (24 works), P. Picasso (24 works), A. Derain (13 works) and A. Russo ( 5 works).
Participating museums: the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts. A.S. Pushkin, the State Hermitage Museum, the State Historical Museum, the State Museum of the East, the Moscow Kremlin Museums, the State Museum of Ceramics and the “Kuskovo Estate of the 18th Century”, the Museum of Fine Arts (Budapest)
The exhibition is dedicated to the unique art collections of the Moscow philanthropist Sergey Ivanovich Schukin and his brothers. In the exhibition, viewers will see the greatest masterpieces: paintings of impressionists and modernists, works of oriental art, paintings by old masters and pieces of French furniture of the XVIII century. The exhibition will allow the viewer to plunge into the life of Paris and Moscow at the beginning of the 20th century, rich in artistic events, the active participants of which were the Shchukins.
The center of the exhibition will be the collection of Sergei Ivanovich Schukin, in its scale and quality of the works presented, surpassing many foreign collections. About 60 works will come from the Hermitage, including the famous painting “The Dance” by A. Matisse, once written for Schukin’s mansion in Moscow. This huge decorative canvas rarely leaves the walls of the Hermitage, being one of the most recognizable images of the museum on the Neva. Among the 15 paintings by Matisse presented at the exhibition, which convey the artistic preferences of Sergei Schukin with the utmost expressiveness, it is necessary to mention the iconic “Red Room”. Another equally important group will consist of 16 works by Pablo Picasso, including the famous works from the Hermitage - “Three Women” and “The Boy with the Dog”.
Divided between the Moscow and St. Petersburg museums, the collection of Sergei Schukin will unite at the exhibition, which will be a unique event. Seeing one of the world’s largest gatherings in such fullness is a rare opportunity. Many of the iconic works after the completion of the project will cease to be issued for temporary exhibitions.
- Intermuseum project ’Family Travel. The whole family in the museum »
- Film Festival Easter in Moscow will soon be held in the capital
- The international competition ’Reading Petersburg-2015’ has begun
- THE ART TO BE NEAR. EXHIBITION AND CHARITY AUCTION
- Expositions of unique photographs on glass
- Exhibition of paintings ’Portrait of a contemporary’ in the House-Museum of Marina Tsvetaeva
- Cross Year of Culture of Great Britain and Russia in Sochi Olympic will celebrate the premiere of the Royal Covent Garden and the English National Ballet
- Limited series of cards "Friends of Pushkin" for the exhibition "Schukin. Collection Biography"