Rest in St. Petersburg Automatic translate
Magnificent and mysterious St. Petersburg attracts millions of tourists from all over the world. And this is not surprising, because its stunning architecture, palaces and canals are admired by all segments of the population. It is the duty of every cultured person to visit the Northern capital, because seeing all this beauty with your own eyes is much more interesting than in pictures.
It is better to start your acquaintance with St. Petersburg with a sightseeing tour of the city. You should not avoid guides, a story from a connoisseur will allow you to get the most complete picture of the city. The most convenient way to do this is by water bus, since the rental of boats in St. Petersburg is very developed, and from the water you can see many sights at once.
You can buy a sightseeing tour in advance, or you can immediately on the spot, focusing on your preferences and financial capabilities.
What is worth visiting in St. Petersburg?
Nevsky Prospekt is located in the very center of the city near the metro and is somewhat reminiscent of the Moscow Arbat: here you can meet street musicians, artists, and annoying animators. By the way, you need to be very careful with the latter, they are too intrusive to offer to take a picture, and for a very decent amount.
The famous House of Books is located on Nevsky Prospekt, and opposite it is the huge Kazan Cathedral - one of the symbols of the city.
You should definitely visit the Hermitage, the Kunstkamera, go to Vasilyevsky Island and the Peter and Paul Fortress. By the way, it is better to book tickets for excursions online in advance (even a few days in advance) in order to avoid many hours of queues.
For leisurely walks, the Summer Garden is suitable with its mysterious alleys, neatly trimmed shrubs, and magnificent sculptures. In summer, you can admire the beauty of the fountains built under Peter the Great.
Petersburg is distinguished by a huge number of monuments: outstanding writers or poets, historical figures, emperors and, of course, Peter, the founder of the city on the Neva. The famous "Bronze Horseman" proudly rises on Senate Square, signifying all the strength and power of St. Petersburg.
You should definitely visit the legendary cruiser Aurora, from which a blank shot was fired in 1917, symbolizing the beginning of the Great October Revolution.
Of course, the issue of accommodation should be resolved in advance, since the influx of tourists in summer and early autumn is very high, and there is a risk of not renting what you would like. It is recommended to rent a hotel or apartment closer to the metro, but not in the center, because the prices there are very high. It is convenient to travel around the city by taxi - it is not so expensive, but it is fast and convenient.
Naturally, there are no problems with food, but it is better to take a hotel with breakfast in order to have a hearty meal before excursions, but at the same time not depend on the time of lunch and dinner.
It is most convenient to get to St. Petersburg from Moscow on the high-speed Sapsan, but if you want to save a little, the Lastochka is also suitable, which is much cheaper and takes only a few hours longer. However, you can also take a regular train, sitting in the evening, and in the morning you will find yourself in beautiful St. Petersburg.
Children’s excursions in St. Petersburg
The first acquaintance with St. Petersburg, the largest city with a rich history and vibrant architecture, is best to start with classic children’s excursions. Visit places of interest with experienced guides.
Recommended routes to visit include:
- open St. Petersburg for children! Groups are formed by 10 people. Tourists will be told the history of the city. Acquaintance with sights will begin in the central part of the city. First of all, they will visit the Palace Square, and the tour will end in the Summer Garden. The tour lasts over an hour;
- palaces of Petersburg. In an hour and a half, the children will get acquainted with Rubinstein Street, take a walk along the embankment of the Fontanka River, get acquainted with the Tolstoy courtyard and many more interesting places;
- acquaintance with the Hermitage. Children will be told about the secrets and interesting stories that take place in the main city museum. They will visit the Military Gallery and get acquainted with its exhibits. They will show the Small and Large Throne Rooms. Take photos near the Winter Palace;
- visiting the Kunstkamera. It is the first museum created on the basis of the decree of Peter I. The museum funds contain numerous exhibits that tell the cultural and historical development of the peoples of the whole world;
- walk through the royal village. Traveling with children should begin with the Tsarskoye Selo Memorial Lyceum of A. S. Pushkin. It is better to start the tour in the morning, at this time there are fewer tourists. The next attraction to visit is the Catherine Palace and the famous Amber Room. Next, you should take a walk in the park, visit the Alexander Palace or Babolovsky.
Family vacation in a cafe
After visiting museums, theaters, no matter how interesting it is, it is tiring for a long time. Especially with children who get tired quickly and need something to eat.
For these purposes, in St. Petersburg, in its central part, there is a cafe Library of Tastes. Here you can have a delicious and cultural rest with the whole family. You can sit in the confectionery located on the ground floor, taste delicious pies, healthy desserts.
On the second floor there is a restaurant with a menu of dishes from around the world. Children can play in the kids club, slide down the slide, draw on the coloring wall and visit the children’s library.
In addition to this cafe, near almost every metro there is a network of pancake shops where you can eat pancakes, pies, drink tea.
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!