How to draw a horse’s head, step by step automatic translate
Beginning artists learn to draw spheres, cones, squares, then move on to animals. To understand how to draw a horse’s head, bringing the image to realism you need to follow the rules. Examine the anatomy, determine the angle of light and shade and observe the proportions of the object.
Materials and tools
Without a minimal set of accessories the artist will not be able to draw a realistic image. Sell such inventory in a specialty store. To draw the head of a horse like an experienced one, you will need a basic list:
- HB, B3 and B7 pencils;
- nap fabric;
- A4 thick paper;
- colour pencils;
It is necessary to draw the horse’s head as in the original. It is hardly possible to remember all the details and proportions. Therefore, learn to draw the image on the photo, gradually fill the hand.
Professionals sharpened pencils sharpener. The tip of the graphite will turn out too sharp. If part of the picture is not even, then you have to correct the error with an eraser. Then on paper there will be a thin scratch. It can not be removed. Therefore, the rod is sharpened with a knife. Then the hatch will lie softer and faster. Contouring
The proportionality of the pattern depends on correctly applied contours. Gained experience artists suggest lines immediately on points, using only a ruler. Not at all experienced will have to draw a horse’s head, as auxiliary circles, and points. How to do it:
- The head of the animal is divided into 3 circles. The cranium and neck are indicated by a large sphere, the nose is an oblong oval, and the extreme part of the body with nostrils is indicated by a small circle.
- Now on the 3 fragments put the points of formation of the head. Between the ears, jaw, edge of the nose. All marked parts are connected by lines.
- It remains to put the ears, eyes, mouth and nostrils. It is enough to put points and draw lines between them.
Do not press hard on the pencil. It is difficult to correct thick contours and a defect will remain on the paper. The image is drawn by lightly guiding the object’s borders with HB graphite. Drawing details
To draw the horse’s head, like a real one, you must carefully draw the face. The auxiliary circles are erased with an eraser, the lines are corrected. The ears, mouth, nose, eyes and mane are detailed with pencils B3 and B7. Therefore, you need to know how to draw the horse’s head step by step with a pencil:
- The inner surface of the ear mark contour and hatch. Draw the details of the hearing aid.
- A closed mouth is indicated by a line running along the lower jaw.
- By anatomy, the upper edges of the nostrils are divorced to the sides, and the lower ones are slightly brought together. In appearance, 2 oblong circles resemble the eyes of an alien alien. The internal cavity is detailed.
- The location of the eyes depends on the angle of the picture, full face or half of the profile. Draw the eyeball of the optic organ, the iris and the pupil.
- The mane is scheduled from the top and lowered down the neck. We’ll have to cut the coat from the outside and draw a few lines indicating the direction of the hair.
It’s not worth harshly, because the image will be colored with colored pencils and mixed with dark tones will be dirty.
In order to make the drawing more beautiful, the animal must be drawn on the bridle. This thing serves to control the beast. As for beginners, draw a horse with a pencil in stages with additional elements:
- At the edge of the line that marks the mouth, mark the ring.
- Now from the ring along the head to the ear draw a strip in the shape of the head.
- Slightly below the ears on the forehead and above the nostrils continue to create future belts.
- The last bridles lead from the ear, skirting the round jaw, which is passed through the ring and lowered along the neck.
On the belts, where they intersect, draw square or cylindrical mounts. For the effect on the surface of the product add hieroglyphs or other inscriptions.
On the image do not throw straight lines. They should increase the volume of the picture, so the outlines of the leash draw around the horse’s head.
Filling pictures with one color
A palette of pencils is chosen according to the selected image. The horse may be brown with white spots. Then dark, brown, white colors with dark and light shades are selected. Those. At least 9 pencils will be involved in the work. As for beginners, draw a horse step by step with colored graphite pencil:
- All areas of the horse paint over brown. Stroke neatly, putting the lines more closely, to each other, and output the volume. You can not just paint the picture with straight lines. So do not achieve realism.
- For example, there are bulging short strokes on the jaw. On the neck and forehead a little straight.
- The more layers of overlapping steep lines, the more spectacular the picture will look.
Each stroke should repeat another, if they are in a chaotic order, then the anatomy of the picture will be broken.
Drawing mouth, nose, eyes and ears
The empty places of the head of the mount are drawn with a dark pencil, whose graphite is sharpened with a knife under a sharp cone. How easy and beautiful to draw an animal step by step with a pencil, following the rules:
- For the nostrils, ears, and mouth, a dark-colored pencil is selected because these meta are in the shade. Schedule the mouth in a bold line and add small details. In the hearing aid draw hairs. In the nostrils, the respiratory channels are marked with a more black shade.
- Eyes are painted in yellow, blue. Iris give realism small strokes. The pupil is filled with black. Eraser outlines a small circle - this is a highlight. Do as on the original picture.
- Inside the objects being worked out, light-shadow areas are created, but they do not need much to be distinguished. Enough to increase or decrease the contrast a little.
It is necessary to choose not a difficult portrait for redrawing. It’s difficult for a beginner to deal with complex details. Better to find something easier.
Realistic due to chiaroscuro
The horse’s head is left to mark the highlights and shadow areas. To portray chiaroscuro correctly, it is necessary to determine the angle of light that will be directed at the animal. If the light falls on top of the right side, then do so:
- You can highlight places in 2 ways - by lightly erasing the superimposed layers or by applying additional strokes with light and dark tones.
- Lighten half of the head, which is closer to the artist. The second side is shaded with a pencil in a darker shade of brown.
- On the contour of the ears put glare graphite light shades of brown.
- Various indentations and transitions of parts of the head obscure.
- Lighter highlights are marked with an eraser - these are areas that are located closer to the light source.
It remains to decorate the leash. The color of the belt is dark brown or black. Metal mounts make light.