The project of Dmitry Merkurov and Andrei Kulagin "INTERACTIVE" in Art Moscow Automatic translate
Interactive - a project of Dmitry Merkurov and Andrei Kulagin. Presenting their project "Polymers" at Art Moscow in 2012, the authors continue to master pure structures, clearing them of any metaphorical, symbolic and authorial attitude. Curious is the depth of awareness of this technique. It is important for the authors to maximize the presence of primary structures, their sharpness and geometric impeccability.
In the emphasized commitment to the ideas of minimalism, there is also a strong desire to overcome it. Mathematical logic and constructiveness are overcome by the refined decorativeness of objects. Color polyphony surprisingly pushes the boundaries of forms, while not blurring them, nor depriving them of their strict geometric preset.
The use of mirror surfaces, metal and various polymers gives rise to a game at the boundaries of objects. Reflecting and falling into the plane of the picture, the viewer and the surrounding space involuntarily become parts of the object, causing the visual effect of the infinity of the object itself.
Thus, we are dealing with the amazing property of interactive art - to interact with space and transform it depending on the immediate location of the object and its viewer.
Life "here and now" is in its ideal proportion.
Curator, art critic Natalya Rizdvenko, specially for Gallerix.ru
- Exhibition of Andrei Kulagin at the Winery in the Studio of Mikhail Korolev July 18, 2013
- Mikhail Korolev and Andrey Kulagin "YLSMI"
- Krasnodar "One Theater" presented to the public the play "Sky Runaways" - a theatrical fantasy based on the stories of Bunin
- Doble dosis de cultura moderna: "Art Moscow" y "Moscow Art Week"
- "Time of the Moscow River"
- "La ciudad a la altura: Moscú y moscovitas durante la guerra"
- CLASES MAESTRAS PARA NIÑOS "EXPERIMENTOS DE COLOR ÓPTICO" 5+
- CLASE MAESTRA "ILUSIONES Y TRANSFORMACIÓN DE LA LUZ" 12+
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!