Stages of the work of Kazimir Malevich at an exhibition in the Russian Museum Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. On December 5, an exhibition was opened in the Russian Museum in the hall of the Benois building, dedicated to two periods of the work of Kazimir Malevich. The milestone of the artist’s creative life was the creation of a new artistic idea in the field of fine art. After the embodiment of this idea in the form of the famous “Black Square”, it was called “Suprematism”.
Although the "Black Square", as a work of easel painting, the public saw in 1915, his idea was shown in early December 1913, when the St. Petersburg theater "Luna Park" presented the audience with the premiere of the play "Victory over the Sun". It was an avant-garde opera, sketches of costumes and sets for it were created by Kazimir Malevich.
The curtain for the play was created with the image of the sun, only it had an unusual look - the sun from red and round turned into an image of a black square. This replacement symbolized the victory of active human creativity over passive nature. During the second act, the actors tore this curtain, thereby the authors of the opera expressed their attitude to the art values that are familiar in the world.
The opening exhibition was created on the occasion of the centenary of the premiere of the opera “Victory over the Sun”, which is celebrated in various ways, sometimes unexpectedly for the public. In particular, the exhibition presents not only paintings and graphic works by Kazimir Malevich, whose collection in the Russian Museum has the largest number of exhibits in the world. Visitors to the exhibition will also be able to see the costumes for the opera created by young artists. In their manufacture, sketches made by Malevich and technologies close to the original ones were used.
The exhibition will be open until the end of February.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- German police opened the case of a multimillion-dollar fake paintings
- "… Habrá tres de nosotros …" - Kazimir Malevich y sus asociados en la Galería Tretyakov
- Exposición de arte pop Asi Malevich "Objeto adecuado" 16+
- "Kandinsky, Malevich and the cinema, which without them would not have existed …", lecture by the film expert M. Musina.
- BLACK SQUARE: MALEVICH. THE SCIENCE. ART
- "Malevich y Ucrania" - una conferencia del Proyecto Cultural de Ucrania
- Residents of Samara will see the work of Filonov and Malevich from the collection of the Russian Museum
- Exhibition at the Russian Museum - the work of the artist Oleg Krotkov for 50 years
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!