"Aliens" at the Novosibirsk Art Museum - graphics from Japan Automatic translate
NOVOSIBIRSK. Starting from December 24th, during the month, visitors to the Novosibirsk Art Museum can get acquainted with the work of two artists from Japan. The exhibition, which opened under the name "Aliens", presents modern Japanese graphics - unusual etchings by Norimasa Mizutani and unique graphic works by Yuji Hiratsuki.
For the first time, works of Japanese graphics were shown in Russia in 1998. Then, in the framework of the Biennale held in Kaliningrad, a large exhibition of graphics by artists from Japan was organized. It was attended by many authors, however, for the collection of the Pushkin Museum to them. Pushkin’s expert council selected the work of the only one - Norimas Mizutani.
His works are made using a unique technology developed by the artist himself. It is an unusual combination of two techniques - etching, painted using woodcut. The images that appear before the audience are also unusual - the inhabitants of other worlds, the inhabitants of the moon. In a word - aliens!
The art of Yuji Hiratsuk, currently residing in the USA, is familiar to Novosibirsk art lovers by his participation in the Novosibirsk Biennale. His active participation in international exhibitions has made his work well-known among lovers of modern graphics around the world.
Hiratsuka uses in his works graphic techniques that are not traditional for Japan - intaglio and shin-kolle. The first of them makes it possible to make the image embossed, and with the help of the second technique the author introduces additional textures, colors and images into his work. In this case, the principle of creating a collage is used.
The exhibition will work all January, becoming an excellent New Year gift to visitors to the art museum.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Exposición del artista gráfico japonés Yuji Hiratsuki - "La vida en la era de Gendai" 16+
- Japanese engravings of the 18th-19th centuries in the Nizhny Novgorod Art Museum
- Gidon Kremer became the winner of the musical "Nobel"
- Another attempt to understand the mysterious Japanese soul
- Japan, Cone und das vergessene Ballett, wie durch ein Wunder im Internet entdeckt
- Hab keine Angst vor Nöten. Zum Jubiläum von Kenji Miyazawa
- The Kaliningrad art gallery presented engravings of the great Japanese masters of woodcut
- The next tour of the Temirkanov Orchestra in Asia
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!