Large-format canvases of the Soviet era at an exhibition in the Museum of Nizhny Tagil Automatic translate
LOWER TAGIL. On February 21, an exhibition dedicated to the anniversary — the 70th anniversary of the museum — began to work at the city’s Museum of Fine Arts. The exposition, called “This is our country with you…” is composed of unique paintings written in large format. This is the work of famous artists, the oldest of which were created in the forties of the last century.
All paintings participating in the exhibition are the property of the Nizhny Tagil Museum. The names of the authors of the works presented are well known to art lovers. Among them are such outstanding masters as Vasily Rozhdestvensky, Mikhail Nikonov, Arkady Plastov.
Since the size of the paintings of many of them exceeds three meters, these paintings were rarely shown to the public. Some of them left the museum’s storehouse about thirty years ago, and the museum’s visitors never saw five paintings included in the exhibition. Collected in a single space, these works reflect the history of a whole generation, whose conscious life fell on the 40-90s of the last century.
This time can be divided into three conditional periods - “uplift” in the Stalin era, “Khrushchev thaw”, searches for the meaning of life in the seventies. Each of these periods had its own painting styles. For the Stalin era were characterized by large-format works glorifying socialism.
The sixties wrote in a "harsh style", and in the seventies artists began to pay more attention to personality, so large paintings gradually left the work of painters. The created exposition allows you to see how not only the country has changed, but also the people living in it.
The exhibition will be open until March 31, so everyone can see the unique paintings.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Portraits of famous artists in the Museum of Fine Arts from Nizhny Tagil
- Reconstruction of the theater in Nizhny Tagil will not interfere with the creative process
- Personal exhibition of Irina Smykova - "Life Stories", revived in the painting of trays
- French film week begins in Nizhny Tagil
- The anniversary of the famous Nizhny Tagil artist Vilen Mukharkin was celebrated with his personal exhibition
- "Echoes: mirages … Reality" - personal exhibition of Perm artist Valentin Zhdanov in the museum of Nizhny Tagil
- An exhibition of engravings by Japanese artists opened at the Nizhny Tagil Art Museum
- Musical universities for adults in the Nizhny Tagil Philharmonic
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!