"Graphics. Bookplate" - an exhibition in honor of the anniversary of the artist Boris Levshin in Tambov Automatic translate
TAMBOV. "Graphic arts. Exlibris ”- an exhibition of works by Boris Levshin, a Tambov architect and graphic artist, which opened on June 30 in the regional art gallery, its employees celebrate the anniversary of their countryman. Boris Alekseevich, who passed away in 2002, this year would have turned ninety years old.
Boris Levshin’s exhibitions have been repeatedly held in various exhibition spaces of Tambov. In his work, a lot of space was occupied by images of his native city, made in watercolor and pastel technique. A number of expositions were presented in the regional art gallery, which housed sketches and studies written by the artist in Poland, the German Democratic Republic, and Czechoslovakia. Each exposition also housed new bookplates.
In 1966, Boris Levshin went on a creative business trip to the Russian North. The results of this trip were shown to the audience at the exhibition "Northern Antiquity", which took place in the Tambov art gallery in 1968. In addition to architectural landscapes, the enthusiasm which originated from his profession as an architect, Boris Alekseevich devoted much time to creating bookplates.
The artist performed most of the small graphic works using linocut technique. In the plots of bookplates created by Boris Levshin, architectural monuments are also often found. The collection, consisting of one hundred miniatures made by the artist, was shown in 1996 in the hall of the scientific library of the Tambov Technical University
In total, Boris Levshin completed about two hundred bookplates, and he devoted six series of works in the technique of linocut to his hometown. The artist used to create graphics and ink, felt-tip pen, pencil. Guests of the gallery can plunge into the past of Tambov, frozen in the graphic works of Boris Levshin.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Exhibition "The Golden Age of Japanese Graphics"
- Alexander Putov (1940 - 2008) HAPPY RETURN, SASHA PUTOV! Graphics 1962 - 2005
- Exhibition of Olga Alekseevna Kuzminova "Point of view. Painting. Graphics"
- Exhibition of graphics by Olga Yukhtina-Geygan "Out of a suitcase"
- Exhibition "Art Scorched by War. Watercolors and Graphics from the Collection of A.G. Egorov"
- Victor Fedorov. Painting, graphics - on the occasion of the 80th birthday
- Love Saveliev. "Between heaven and earth". Glass, graphics, poetry
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!