The works of Modigliani and artists of the Paris school at an exhibition in the Faberge Museum Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. For the first time in Russia, the Faberge Museum presents works by artists of the Paris School, who have become the true legends of Montparnasse, the famous Parisian district inhabited by people of art. All works belong to the collection of the French businessman Jonas Netter, in the early twentieth century acquiring works of then very young painters.
Jonas Netter was the first to discern undeniable talent in their work. The exposition begins with a meeting with the collector himself. His portrait, painted by Moses Kisling, greets the guests of the exhibition. The collection of Jonas Netter contains a significant number of works by this painter.
Among 120 works by French artists, the names of Chaim Soutine are presented, whose portrait by Modigliani will be seen by visitors to the exhibition, Maurice Utrillo, Andre Derain, Suzanne Valadon, Maurice de Vlaminca. But the greatest interest to museum guests is caused by works written by Amedeo Modigliani.
The collection contains a significant number of them. The collector foresaw how much the artist’s work would be appreciated over time and in 1915 entered into a contract with him. According to his condition, Noether paid Modigliani 300 francs a month, and in return received all the canvases written during this time by the artist.
Marc Restellini, curator of the project. At the opening of the exhibition he said that not one of the museums in the world has so many Modigliani works in his collection. Visitors to the exhibition will be able to see paintings that the artist himself considered masterpieces. The collection has not been shown to the public for more than seventy years. Only a few years ago, the meeting was seen by the inhabitants of Europe.
They will be available to Russian connoisseurs of beauty until March 25.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Jonathan Byrne: “I threw away $ 100 million worth of Picasso and Matisse paintings”
- "Pariser Nächte" von Baronin Ettingen. Russo, Modigliani, Apollinaire, Survage, Fera
- A series of exhibitions of artists of the "Paris School" at the Pushkin Museum is continued with the exposition "Crazy Years of Montparnasse"
- Sobre Montparnasse desconocido puesto en una palabra. El nuevo libro de Alec Epstein
- Zum ersten Mal in Russland: 35 Gemälde von Frida Kahlo werden in St. Petersburg ausgestellt
- Faberge Museum in Baden-Baden
- Igor Dryomin: Faberge and court jewelers
- Exposición "Faberge y PostFaberge"