The world’s largest book fair kicks off in Germany Automatic translate
FRANKFURT. On Wednesday, October 7, the world’s largest 66th Frankfurter Buchmesse 2014 International Book Fair and Exhibition began in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. This year, about seven thousand exhibitors from more than 100 countries of the world will be represented. The guest of honor of 2014 was Finland.
“The night the Frankfurter Buchmesse 2014” was opened by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Germany, Frank-Walter Steinmeier, during the ceremony, today the exhibition officially began its work, ”the organizers of the event noted. Also at the official ceremony of the fair was an honored guest - President of Finland Sauli Niinistö.
On the whole, this year 102 countries with 7 thousand exhibitors, as well as about 9 thousand journalists, more than 600 literary agents and about 1 thousand bloggers from all over the world are taking part in the exhibition. The organizers plan to hold more than 3.5 thousand various events with the participation of about 1.5 thousand authors - concerts, presentations, discussions, meetings with poets and writers, literary readings and more. The central theme of all events will be the existence of the book in the world of modern technology.
It is expected that the Frankfurt Book Fair will be visited by more than 300 thousand guests from around the world. Traditionally, the first three days of the fair will be devoted only to specialists and journalists, after which everyone can visit it. The 66th Frankfurter Buchmesse 2014 International Book Fair and Exhibition will end on October 12, 2014.
Svetlana Korableva © Gallerix.ru
- Exhibition of portraits of Pope Julius II at the Stadel Museum in Frankfurt
- Painting from Uncertainty - a Unique Exhibition in Frankfurt
- Frankfurt am Main terminó la feria del libro más antigua del mundo el 18 de octubre
- Art zone, a platform for discussions and a huge selection
- Russian applicants for the Astrid Lindgren Award
- Sieg des russischen Dirigenten bei einem prestigeträchtigen Wettbewerb in Deutschland
- Two Frankfurt museums host exhibitions of Jeff Koons
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!
You cannot comment Why?