Marina Neyolova in the title role of the premiere performance on the stage of the Theater of Nations Automatic translate
MOSCOW. On the evening of February 15, at the Theater of Nations, the theater public will be presented with a new work by the young director Tufan Imamutdinov “Glass menagerie” . The performance is based on the famous autobiographical play written in 1944 by the American playwright Tennessee Williams.
Thanks to this play, the author gained worldwide fame. She was filmed several times, and it’s simply impossible to calculate how many times the play was staged on the stages of theaters. The story told by the main character, a family member with a difficult relationship, who later became a writer, always touched the soul of the audience sitting in the hall.
Despite the popularity of the play, its successful productions are not too many. The main difficulty for the directors and actors who worked on this play in the personality of the main character - Amanda, a woman trying to do everything possible for the well-being of the family, but at the same time ridiculous, funny and eccentric. Often the interpretation of this role looks like a clowning, but the author put the story about himself and his family at the heart of the play, and he always treated his mother and sister warmly.
In the premiere Glass Menagerie, the role of Amanda will be played by Maria Neyolova, the leading actress of Sovremennik. Neyolova very rarely plays roles on the stages of other theaters, so the invitation she received from director Tufan Imamutdinov, apparently became the case when the actress was interested in participating in a play created by an American playwright under the influence of Chekhov’s work.
To stage the play, artist Elena Stepanova created a two-story structure. Its upper part easily becomes a screen, where the hero’s dreams are visible, in which real events are mixed with dreams that have never been realized. The role of Tom will be performed by the talented actor Evgeny Tkachuk.
- "Әllүki" Tufan Imamutdinova
- Denis Bokuradze, head of the Novokuybyshevsky Theater "Gran", was invited to the theater of nations to stage the play
- The Theater of Nations hosted the premiere of the play "Living Pictures" dedicated to the real heroes of the siege of Leningrad
- The NET festival opened on the stage of the Theater of Nations with the performance "Earth" performed by artists from Belgium
- The winner of the festival in Kolomna will show his work at the Theater of Nations
- Theater of Nations began touring in St. Petersburg with the performance "Hamlet. Collage"
- Premiere of the solo performance "Hamlet. Collage" at the Theater of Nations
- Theater of Nations unveils original Shakespeare play
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!