The results of the global interactive festival The Manhattan Short Film Festival Automatic translate
New York. The results of the short film festival The Manhattan Short Film Festival have been summed up. The emergence of an interactive short-film festival, which has no analogues in the world, is due to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. The idea of uniting millions of people on the planet with a good movie seemed to the founder of Manhattan short an opportunity to survive the terrible events without losing faith in the future. The concept of the festival is simple and unique at the same time. Throughout the week, in hundreds of cinemas in 250 cities on different continents, moviegoers watch the best short films created in different parts of the world. This year there were 10 of them: Germany, Switzerland, Chile, the USA and other countries. Viewers watch the paintings and vote after the session, becoming participants in a global campaign in the name of peace. Since 1998, the festival has been held outdoors in Union Square Park and simultaneously on all continents.
Results of 2015: 1st place - German film “See you soon” (Bis gleich) directed by Benjamin Wolf; 2. A joint production film of Kosovo / Great Britain “Shok”, shot by Jamie Donahue, about the friendship of boys in a warring Kosovo; 3. Chilean animated film by Gabriel Osorio “Bear Story” about the tragic losses during the reign of Augusto Pinochet.
The winner was a piercing story about two elderly people. The story of how important it is to put your shoulder in time, not to lose touch with each other, which gives strength to survive any cataclysms. This thought was implicitly present in each of the presented works. Relating to different genres and types of cinema, funny and tragic, devoid of Hollywood cliches, they talk with the audience on the topics that are most important to him.
Elena Tanakova © Gallerix.ru
- Walt Whitmans Roman "Das Leben und die Abenteuer von Jack Engle" wurde nach 150 Jahren gefunden
- The results of the audience voting at the festival MANHATTAN SHORT 2016
- Rare edition of "Alice" in 1865 can be purchased for several million dollars
- Sotheby’s begins downsizing
- The Eighth New York Festival introduced the best documentaries from Russia
- Sotheby’s bailed out over $ 300 million for impressionists and contemporary art
- New Yorkers will be able to attend MoMA PS1 for free all year
- Visitors to the Hungry Artist exhibition in New York ate its exhibits