On the stage of the Volkovsky Theater, the premiere of "The Examiner" in the original production of Denis Azarov was held Automatic translate
YAROSLAVL. For two nights in a row, on February 6 and 7, the theater-goers of the city met in the theater named after Volkova with the famous "Examiner". Denis Azarov, presenting his new work to Yaroslavl viewers, has already collaborated with the Volkov Theater. The Moscow director staged "Thunderstorm", "Bullshit Together" and "Moscow-Petushki" here. Now he turned to the most popular of Gogol’s works - the comedian The Examiner.
If you look at the list of performances staged by Denis Azarov on the capital’s stages, it seems that the director prefers traditional productions. However, his original reading of The Inspector General at the Volkovsky Theater can be appreciated by viewers who love classical theater. But the part of the public who likes the innovative approach to famous works was pleased with the production of Denis Azarov.
According to the director, “The Examiner” provides an unlimited opportunity to use a variety of theatrical techniques. The role of any of the characters becomes a real gift for the artist, if you approach the creation of an image with imagination. The problems raised by Gogol in this play exist today. Denis Azarov says that he took up the production of The Examiner, as he was interested in turning to a work written in the 19th century with the look of a man from the 21st century.
In his reading of the play on the stage, the realities of two centuries ago coexist with today’s. Musical motifs of Russian folklore are mixed with modern hits, and waltz and mazurka have been replaced by modern club dances. Costumes of characters also belong to different eras. Vanya Bowden, the creator of the costumes for the play, dressed the characters in such a way as to show the lack of reference of the performance to a specific time, especially since Gogol’s brilliant text allows it.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- At the Yermolova Theater, the anniversary season was completed with the presentation of prizes
- At the Volkov Theater, spectators made a trip along the Moscow-Petushki route
- The winners of the Andrei Bely Prize are named
- Karen Shakhnazarov: "Each viewer creates the film that he wants to see"
- Igor Dryomin: "Island of Painting" by Karina Nazarova
- "Island of painting". Exhibition of works by Karina Nazarova
- Karen Shakhnazarov: “Each viewer creates the film that he wants to see”
- "Big Touring-2017" theater named after Volkova in Penza and Saransk