The Taganka Theater presented the work of the young director Anna Potapova - Shakespeare’s play "Coriolanus" Automatic translate
MOSCOW. On February 22, the Taganka Theater hosted the premiere of a performance born during the work of the Rehearsal project. During Rehearsal, director Anna Potapova, who completed a course in Mark Zakharov’s workshop, presented a sketch of the play based on Shakespeare’s play Coriolanus. Her talented work was highly appreciated by experts and spectators present at the show.
Almost four months have passed from showing the sketch of “Coriolanus” to the appearance on Taganka’s stage of a full-fledged performance about events from the life of a Roman commander. Anna Potapova defined the genre of her play as “politically incorrect tragedy”. Theater directors do not often take on the production of this Shakespeare play, although its literary quality is of a high level.
However, not every director considers it possible to stage a play where the plot is based on a conflict between strong power and people. The people in this play look limp and ungrateful. He is easily suggestible and can almost instantly change his attitude towards the hero who shed blood for them. Praises in his honor are abruptly replaced by slander and exile from the city. No one doubts his decency, however, "he is too cool," and the Romans did not wait for the distribution of free bread from him.
To tell the story of the rise and fall of the Roman commander, who never became consul of Rome, Anna Potapova used an absolutely white stage space - this is how the artist Maxim Obrezkov indicated the relevance of what is happening for any era. Therefore, the play lacks historical costumes that can tie characters to a specific time.
Only when the townspeople are preparing for war, and bulletproof vests and helmets appear on the actors, it becomes clear that the “Koriolan” presented at Taganka is a performance about us.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Wieder "Guter Mann aus Cezuan" auf der legendären Bühne des Taganka-Theaters
- Am Taganka wurde der Geburtstag von Vysotsky mit einer legendären Aufführung gefeiert
- V. Smekhov staged a performance based on poems by Yevgeny Yevtushenko on the Taganka stage
- At the Taganka Theater, the first spectators saw the performance "Petersburg" directed by Vyacheslav Tyshchuk
- El Teatro Taganka estrenó la actuación poética "Flauta-columna vertebral"
- Die Uraufführung der Aufführung "Run" fand erfolgreich im "Taganka Commonwealth of Actors" Theater statt
- Después de las reparaciones en el pequeño escenario de Taganka, se realizó la primera actuación: el estreno de la obra "El dragón de oro"
- The fate of the sketches of the performances shown in the first stage of the new project of the Taganka Theater "Rehearsals" will be decided by spectators and critics