Nine works of Andy Warhol stole in Los Angeles Automatic translate
Andy Warhol’s nine original works were stolen from a business center in Los Angeles. The thieves replaced the original works with high-quality fakes, and although the theft was allegedly committed three years ago, it became known only last week.
Stolen screen prints are valued at $ 350,000. They are part of the 1983 Endangered Species series and the Ten Portraits of Jews of the Twentieth Century, 1980. Los Angeles police refused to comment on the incident, citing the interests of the investigation.
To date, it is only known that the theft was so perfect that for all these years, fakes did not raise doubts. The truth was revealed only when the engravings were sent to the workshop for changing frames. Workshop staff drew attention to the fuzzy drawing and the lack of Andy Warhol’s autograph.
One of the stolen works - “Bald Eagle” (Bald Eagle), was sold at an auction house Bonhams October 25, 2011. In this regard, police officers ransacked the office of the auction house and requested all documents for this transaction. Despite the fact that the theft was allegedly committed three years ago, and the deal with the painting - four years ago, investigators suggest that these events may be related.
Anna Sidorova © Gallerix.ru
- Warhol Foundation corruption scandal
- At the exhibition of works by Andy Warhol in China there will be no portraits of Mao
- $ 20.2 million for Andy Warhol’s Sixteen Jackie
- Ausstellung "Andy Warhol. Graphics"
- Bidding on post-war and contemporary art Christie’s May 11, 2011
- Optimización de recursos: secretos para elegir un VPS para un funcionamiento eficiente del sitio web
- Creciente demanda de analistas de negocios: una oportunidad de oro para los participantes
- ¿Cuáles son las ventajas de una empresa incorporada?
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!