How to prepare for the dead season to the owners of beauty salons? Automatic translate
The basic rule for preparing for a period of stagnation in a business such as the provision of services is timeliness. The sooner the head of the beauty salon begins to prepare for it, the better. It is best to start preparatory actions in 1.5-2 months, in extreme cases, in 1 month. If you approach organizational issues correctly, you can not only avoid the onset of the “dead” season, but also make this time period quite profitable.
Photo: Agberto Guimaraes / Unsplash.com
It is worth describing in detail what exactly it will be necessary to do to the owners of beauty salons in preparation for the period of stagnation. So.
1. First of all, a conversation should be held among the employees of the salon. The purpose of the conversation is to convince the masters, administrator, consultant and manager to provide salon customers with information about the services in accordance with a specific algorithm.
So, when talking with customers, the salon staff will need to offer them to use additional services. However, you should teach employees to do this carefully and unobtrusively, so that the client does not have the feeling that they are trying to “fit” the unnecessary service.
Photo: Kris Atomic / Unsplash.com
The manager can check the integrity of his employees, for example, the administrator. To do this, you can ask one of your friends to call the beauty salon and inquire about a particular service, the price of its provision, and the qualifications of the masters.
By the response of the administrator, it will become clear whether he is conducting a conversation with clients correctly and what mistakes he makes. Indeed, some administrators do not even bother to introduce themselves (give their name) and voice the name of the salon - it happens.
2. Also, the owner of the beauty salon will need to prepare an advertising campaign. This requires certain actions, namely:
- It is worth compiling a detailed calendar indicating the schedule and time of promotional events. On paper, it is recommended to fix each action step by step, without missing a single, even insignificant nuance;
- it is necessary to consider what specific services are to be advertised. In advance, you need to prepare all the advertising materials for the implementation of these actions. It is not recommended to advertise a beauty salon itself; it is necessary to focus the attention of potential customers on certain services;
- you should find partners who can assist in the advertising campaign. Then discuss with them all the terms of cooperation. It can be advertising agencies, printing houses, design studios;
- for the period of stagnation, you need to appoint a specific person who will be responsible for the advertising campaign, as well as lead it. In addition, it will be necessary to make a list of all the people participating in the campaign, for example, advertising managers, couriers and even leaflet delivery people.
3. It is not necessary to apply in practice to all employees of the salon a single system of remuneration and all kinds of incentives. After all, the worst masters can be undeservedly encouraged, and in the best masters “kill” the desire for the quality performance of their duties.
Photo: Manu Camargo / Unsplash.com
However, you should not discuss with every master in a row every little thing that does not matter much. It is necessary to find a middle ground and introduce a simple and understandable system of remuneration for all, which will consist of several levels.
For example, you can make an announcement in the salon that all masters will belong to one or another category - in accordance with their skill level. In addition, you need to clearly explain to all employees how to improve this level.
As a rule, beginners start from the lowest level and strive in every possible way to improve their skills in order to move to the highest category and, accordingly, earn more. Work experience should also be considered. In other words, raise the category of those employees who have worked in the salon for a long period of time.
What is the result?
All these methods will avoid staff turnover. Beginning employees will clearly see the prospect of development and earnings. And more experienced craftsmen will understand that if they leave the salon, even for a while, they will lose time. And the missed days or months can be set off in the length of service and, as a result, “turn around” with a substantial increase in wages.
If you competently and responsibly approach the solution of organizational and preparatory issues, you can be prepared for the onset of the "dead" season much better than your competitors. This will not only not lose customers, but also significantly increase their number.
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!