Corner sofa or sofa with armchair? Let’s think about what to choose Automatic translate
Is it a sofa set with an armchair or a corner sofa? What will look better in the living room? Does the price of a corner sofa bed make it a better buy than a regular sofa? The corner sofa does not like being next to an armchair, but there is enough space to sit on it. A sofa with an armchair creates an atmospheric corner for relaxation, but with a large number of guests this may not be enough. We study the offers on the website of the federal furniture store Divan.ru and compare the tips with the options presented.
The seating area should be equipped with suitable furniture. Whether a corner sofa or a sofa with an armchair will fit better in a room depends on several things:
- choose furniture according to the size of your family and its needs - if you like to watch movies together, a sofa and an armchair can be more comfortable than a corner sofa; if you like to take a nap in the living room after dinner, a large corner sofa will be a more comfortable option, as you will be able to stretch your legs freely,
- the size of the seats - this is always dictated by the size of the living room; remember the required distance between the sofa and the TV; furniture should not dominate the living room, it should make it practical,
- design - the look and type of living room furniture should match the rest of the furniture, so the shape, color and texture of the furniture are of great importance.
sofa with armchair
An ordinary sofa is traditionally smaller than a corner sofa, it is usually single-module and can have a sleeping function. He can create a cozy corner, and in a limited space he can do without a chair. The market offers a huge variety of sofas and armchairs, which can be set or combined as desired. Double or triple, modern and classic, simple in form or stylish with extra cushions. The choice is unlimited.
A sofa with a separate chair is easier to fit into a space that is difficult to organize. The sofa is available in various options - as a rule, the choice of ordinary sofas is wider. An additional sleeping function creates an alternative to a mini-bed, the set satisfies many needs - you can comfortably sit in an armchair with a book, and lie down on the sofa. Such furniture is lighter than corner furniture and can be freely moved and rearranged, changing position as needed, a set in the form of a sofa and armchair is more adaptable - thanks to its open shape, it can be placed both against the wall and in the center of the living room. The mobility of the kit allows you to easily clean the floor under the furniture.
But he also has disadvantages. An ordinary sofa often provides less comfort when lying down, has a narrower space for fewer people, a small sleeping area.
The corner sofa combines the functions of a sofa and an armchair in one piece of furniture. Corner models of U-shaped or L-shaped form are widely represented on the market. Depending on its location, you can choose a left-handed or right-handed model. More often than regular sofas, corner sofas adopt a modern and minimalist design.
Benefits of corner sofas
- saving space by creating a single unit,
- the corner version allows you to comfortably take any position - sitting, reclining and lying,
- optically enlarges the interior, as it looks larger,
- the compact corner version takes up less space in the living room than a sofa and 2 armchairs.
There are also disadvantages. Too large models can overwhelm a small space, they are more suitable for modern interiors. This option in the form of a small sofa can hardly be called functional, it usually costs more than a regular sofa.
Choosing the right furniture is a matter of the needs and character of the living room. It all depends on whether you prefer a more enveloping lounge chair with a small sofa or are a fan of spacious and modern seating.
The nature of the living room and the choice of suitable seating furniture
Small living room means limited choice. Definitely, a sofa with an armchair wins in such a space, as the set is more manageable. Usually a small living room is decorated with double sofas or a maximum of three, paired with an armchair. When choosing such a set for a small living room, keep this in mind:
- a sofa bed in a small interior is more practical than a corner sofa - despite its small size, it nevertheless creates an extra bed,
- simple, unobtrusive profiles and models with legs are better - a sofa and an armchair should not be too massive and high,
- light shades will be more advantageous for a small space; if you want a sofa for the living room to be expressive, and choose bottle green, then make sure that the accessories and the environment are not too dark,
- if you are striving for maximum comfort, pay attention to the sofa model with retractable headrests - this option will come in handy during long film shows,
- in a small space, furniture is always placed with its back against a wall or in a corner.
A small area does not mean that it is impossible to place a corner option in it. But only small and compact models are suitable, often not having all the advantages of an angular shape. Highlight the corner area of the living room to save space as much as possible.
The spacious living room is ideal for installing monumental and bright furniture. This is the right place for a large corner sofa. Whether it’s an L-shape or a U-shape, it can create a dramatic seating area in the center of the room. The choice dictates the style in which you decorate your living room. The corner sofa is perfect for modern, minimalist or industrial styles. Remember, however, that a large corner sofa with its heavy frame can be overwhelming, so if you want to create a sophisticated atmosphere in the living room, it is much better to choose a large regular sofa with one or two armchairs, or two regular sofas with small poufs. In a large living room, any color interpretation can be used as long as it matches with the rest of the furniture.
A seating area against the wall opposite the opening door is a classic technique that well represents the sofa and armchair and expands the space between the door and the seating area. A sofa with an armchair by the window - this solution is only suitable for living rooms that are small in size, but well lit.
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!