The era of Rembrandt and Vermeer. Masterpieces of the Leiden collection Automatic translate
с 28 Марта
по 22 Июля
Главное здание ГМИИ им. А.С. Пушкина, Белый зал
ул. Волхонка, 12
At the exhibition “The Age of Rembrandt and Vermeer. Masterpieces of the Leiden Collection ”exhibited paintings belonging to a couple of collectors from New York, Thomas and Daphne Kaplan. Passionately in love with the creations of Rembrandt and his contemporaries (hence the name of their collection is the Leiden collection), the Kaplan spouses over the past 15 years, thanks to tireless searches based not only on the available financial capabilities, but also on an exceptionally happy collector’s fortune, were able in a relatively short time to collect a collection of works of old Dutch masters, amazing in artistic value, among which, of course, several paintings by Rembrandt, as well as works by Frans Hall, stand out sa and Jan Vermeer Delftsky.
Nowadays, when the works of the geniuses of old (classical) art have long been distributed between the largest museums and private collections with long historical roots, the Kaplan couple undertook and successfully carried out a seemingly unsolvable task: to collect a sufficiently representative and diverse selection of Rembrandt’s paintings, Frans Hals and Jan Vermeer Delft, as well as the numerous works of Leyden painters so beloved by them - representatives of the so-called elegant painting (fijnschilderei). Thomas Kaplan managed to acquire almost all the authentic paintings of the great Dutchman, which appeared on the international antique market in the 21st century. And not only the work of Rembrandt, but also many of his outstanding contemporaries.
Curator: Vadim Sadkov, head of the department of art of old masters.
- Die Ausstellung von Werken aus der Sammlung Leiden brach den Besucherrekord
- La Galería Tretyakov presenta los gráficos de AL Kaplan
- Graphics by Anatoly Kaplan at the National Art Museum of Belarus
- The Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts presented visitors with a detective story
- On May 17, as part of the Night at the Museum in the cinemas of Moscow, St. Petersburg, Novosibirsk and Voronezh, three documentaries will be shown about Vermeer, Munch and Mane
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!