The anniversary of Nikolai Nikogosyan was celebrated with an exhibition at the Academy of Arts Automatic translate
MOSCOW. On December 17, the Russian Academy of Arts hosted the grand opening of a retrospective exhibition of the People’s Artist of the USSR Nikolai Bagratovich Nikogosyan dedicated to the anniversary of the patriarch of Russian art of painting and sculpture.
Nikolay Bagratovich was 95 years old on December 2, but the artist traditionally met his anniversary birthday at work. Each day, the wizard begins by creating a drawing. In recent years, he has increasingly been creating graphic self-portraits. At the opening exhibition, only a small part of them was located.
On the opening day of the exhibition, representatives of the Union of Artists of the Russian Federation, museum communities, art educational institutions and native Armenia, whose history the artist devoted many of his works, arrived at the Academy of Arts with congratulations to the hero of the day.
Among them are paintings, as well as an impressive number of monuments that adorned their native land. During the opening ceremony, as a congratulation of Nikolai Bagratovich on his jubilee, a literary and musical composition was created specifically for the artist.
The exhibition includes selected paintings and sculptures created by Nikolai Nikoghosyan at different periods of his career, the duration of which has already exceeded seventy years. It is difficult to calculate how many personal exhibitions have taken place over the years at the master. Even the artist himself finds it difficult to answer this question.
In the history of painting, Nikoghosyan is noted as the creator of many wonderful portraits of our famous contemporaries. The facade of a high-rise building on Uprising Square is decorated with sculptures by Nikolai Bagratovich. The master’s paintings and sculptures are rightfully included in the “golden fund” of our country’s art.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Igor Dryomin: Stas Namin. "Frankly / Insite Out"
- Creativity of Oleg Osin and Lyudmila Volova at the exhibition "Together", which opened in the halls of the Russian Academy of Arts
- Igor Dryomin: "Flowers and Birds". Exhibition of Yan Dunjiang
- Igor Dryomin: "Island of Painting" by Karina Nazarova
- Paradise Lost is a new project by Italian artist Paolo Ciabattini
- Exhibition dedicated to the centenary of the People’s Artist of the USSR Alexei Gritsay in the hall of the Russian Academy of Arts
- "Autographs of war" - the work of the national artist Gennady Dobrov in the Russian Academy of Arts
- "Isomorphic transformation" Exhibition of works by Pavel Turaev in the Russian Academy of Arts