"Realism as a personal choice" - an exhibition by P. And Kotov in the Tretyakov Gallery Automatic translate
MOSCOW. Until the end of July, in the Engineering Building of the Tretyakov Gallery, the painting exhibition "Realism as a Personal Choice", which presents the work of P. I. Kotov, will be open for visitors on May 21. The solo exhibition of the outstanding representative of the art of socialist realism, the creator of portraits of famous people who lived at the same time as the artist, is dedicated to his anniversary.
The exposition of the exhibition, composed of 105 paintings in the collections of famous museums and in the Tretyakov Gallery itself, allows you to see Pyotr Ivanovich Kotov not only as a master of portraits and industrial landscapes. This project presents him as a painter, whose talent allowed him to use a wide range of styles with a subtle sense of color.
When creating portraits of famous military leaders, scientists and art workers, Peter Kotov was able to endow the official image with individual character traits. For the portrait of Academician N. Zelinsky, which attracts with the ease and naturalness of the image of a scientist created by the artist, in 1947 P.I. Kotov was awarded the Stalin Prize.
Recently, it was believed that artists who became famous in the era of socialist realism, creating their works for the most part on orders, wrote only market paintings. However, the truly talented painters, including Peter Kotov, deservedly be attributed, managed to combine ideology with art.
Although the industrial landscapes created by the painter were commissioned, these paintings were filled with romanticism, and industrial objects turned into symbols of a building world. Thanks to the paintings of Peter Kotov, today you can see many great construction projects that have become images of the era of socialism.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- In the museum to them. Pozhalostina showed an exhibition of collections in the last five years
- The exhibition "St. Petersburg meeting" is waiting for the residents of Ryazan in the museum. Pity
- The Tyumen Museum of Fine Arts has an exhibition of front-line sketches of Tyumen artists
- "See the Eternal" - an exhibition of watercolors for the anniversary of the artist Anatoly Kotov
- Armée de terre cuite chinoise: histoire, description, photos
- Denker von Cernavoda: Neolithische Terrakotta-Skulptur
- "Cat Exhibition" - portraits of cats by Dmitry Trubin in the Arkhangelsk Museum of Local Lore
- The Tretyakov Gallery presented an exhibition of Fedor Rokotov. famous Russian master of portrait
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!