Russian Museum presented an exhibition dedicated to the First World War Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. Together with the Russian Museum and the Sistema Charitable Foundation, on June 4, an exhibition was opened dedicated to the memory of participants in the First World War. The exhibition, consisting of works by Russian artists who created their work during the war, is located in the halls of the Benoit Corps.
Some of the paintings were painted before the outbreak of hostilities, but they are filled with apprehension of impending cataclysms. Vasily Kandinsky painted the painting “Improvisation 11” in 1910, however, art critics note that in this painting the artist expressed the horror of total militarism.
About the painting “Feast of Kings”, created by Pavel Filonov, they said that it breathes “a terrible nightmare”. The war for many artists has become the reason for turning to religious subjects. A vivid example of such paintings, rightfully occupying one of the main places of the exposition, was a canvas written by Petrov-Vodkin during 1914-1915. Its author’s name is “Our Lady. Tenderness of evil hearts. "
The exhibition also features a series of lithographs by Natalia Goncharova - “Mystical images of war”. In total, more than two hundred works of various genres were selected from the museum funds for the exhibition. Their inspection gives visitors the opportunity to see how the society of that time was related to the war. Many paintings depict battle scenes, however, portraits of the military, often painted after the end of the battle, are of no less interest.
No less interesting magazine graphics. Topical publications in the press were often accompanied by caricatures. Most of them were dedicated to the emperor of Germany. Presented at the exhibition and posters of those years. This unique exhibition will wait for visitors on August 11th.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The Russian Museum presents a personal exhibition of Gennady Myznikov
- The Russian Museum has opened an exhibition of works by the national artist of the Russian Federation A. Talashchuk
- The project of the Russian Museum "Masterpieces of Russian Art" arrived in Tyumen
- Creativity of Nicholas Roerich presented the Russian Museum
- "Family Portrait" - artists of the XVIII-XX centuries at an exhibition in the Russian Museum
- Stages of the work of Kazimir Malevich at an exhibition in the Russian Museum
- Exhibition at the Russian Museum - the work of the artist Oleg Krotkov for 50 years
- "Drei große Porträtmaler" aus der Sammlung des Russischen Museums werden den Bewohnern von Murmansk vorgestellt
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!