New project of artist Ivan Korshunov in the Fine Art Gallery Automatic translate
MOSCOW. In the capital’s Fine Art Gallery, located in the central part of the city, on Bolshaya Sadovaya Street, on September 22, a presentation of a new project by the artist Ivan Korshunov took place. The artist combined eight canvases created in an ancient, unique technique in one exhibition space called “The Second Self.”
The technique in which the paintings presented on display are written is known as the “three-layer method”. Before the advent of impressionism, this technique was actively used by European artists. The three-layer method is the implementation of the picture in three stages. The original image is executed on canvas in black and white grisaille. The term "grisaille" means the execution of the image in gradation of tones in black and white.
After the initial image of the plot of the picture is ready, colors are added to it. After the paints on the canvas are almost dry, a light, translucent paint layer is applied on top of them. At this stage, the overall color of the image on the canvas changes. The final part of the work on the picture is called glaze. Russian artists who worked in the 18-19th century used glaze for various purposes, but most often in oil painting.
The artist says about the reason for using such a time-consuming technique that it organically fits into his creative philosophy. The worldview of Ivan Korshunov is at the junction of modern ideas about the world, Bible stories and sources of information. The canvases created by the artist evoke associations with theatrical performance. Many of the plots of paintings created by Korshunov are devoted to the eternal struggle of good and evil.
You can get to know the heroes of Ivan Korshunov’s paintings on October 24th.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Volkovsky festival opened with the Russian premiere of the play "War"
- "Big Tours" - the artists of the Alexandrinsky Theater arrived in Pskov.
- Theater Festival Rybakova was opened by artists of the Maly Theater
- On the stage of the branch of the Maly Theater is the festival "Ostrovsky in Ostrovsky’s house"
- Exhibition "The Tree of Knowledge". Artists Anna Serova and Vera Korshunova
- Ausstellung "Bedingungslose Anwesenheit" von Ivan Korshunov. 18+
- Ivan Korshunov "Kuss!" Malerei, Objekt, Installation
- Exposición de Ivan Korshunov "Oro" o "Código Cultural"
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!