On the stage of the branch of the Maly Theater is the festival "Ostrovsky in Ostrovsky’s house" Automatic translate
MOSCOW. The Maly Theater, which was known as the Ostrovsky House during the life of the famous playwright, has been holding a festival since 1993 with the participation of theaters from cities located far from the capital. The theater forum "Ostrovsky in Ostrovsky’s house" is held every two years. Its participants show performances staged on the plays of Ostrovsky.
This year, the playwright’s play festival is open for the eleventh time. Since the main stage of the Maly Theater is under repair, the festival performances are shown in the building of the branch located on Bolshaya Ordynka. Not far from this building was the house where the great playwright lived. The first festival performance was the production of “Late Love”, presented on April 10 by the Youth Theater on the Fontanka (Petersburg).
The next evening, theater actors from Syktyvkar took to the stage. Theater named after Savina brought to the capital the play "The Truth is Good…". The audience will see the same play again, on April 14th. Only the artists of the Kursk Drama Theater will show it. The hosts of the festival received spectators on April 12, the playwright’s birthday. They presented the play "Poverty is not a vice," staged by director Alexander Korshunov.
The completion of the festival program will be the play "Wolves and Sheep" performed by artists from the Rybinsk Drama Theater. This team first shows its work on the capital’s stage. In total, during the existence of the festival, participants in its program were more than thirty theaters representing Russian cities located far from the capital.
At a press conference, Yuri Solomin noted the importance of this show, which makes it possible for provincial theaters to show their best works on the stage of the Maly Theater. Moscow spectators will be able to discover the names of talented artists living far away from Moscow.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Maly Theater again came on tour in Rostov-on-Don
- The first premiere of January at the Maly Theater - "The Youth of Louis XIV"
- Presentation of a book dedicated to Yuri Solomin, held at the Maly Theater
- New project of artist Ivan Korshunov in the Fine Art Gallery
- Volkovsky festival opened with the Russian premiere of the play "War"
- "Big Tours" - the artists of the Alexandrinsky Theater arrived in Pskov.
- Theater Festival Rybakova was opened by artists of the Maly Theater
- Exhibition "The Tree of Knowledge". Artists Anna Serova and Vera Korshunova