Paintings by Aivazovsky and other marine painters brought to Vologda Automatic translate
VOGDA. Starting from December 27th, Vologda residents will be able to visit the new exhibition, which opened in the Shalamovsky house. The basis of the exposition was the work written by I.K. Aivazovsky, a famous painter, the bulk of whose work is devoted to the sea. This exhibition is an inter-museum project, therefore the works displayed in its exposition belong not only to the Vologda gallery. In Vologda arrived painting and graphics from Yaroslavl and Rybinsk, Ivanovo and Kostroma.
Near the canvases of Aivazovsky, the exhibition presents works by other Russian marine painters, made in the 19-20 centuries. The names of these authors are no less famous - Vladimir Orlovsky, Vasily Polenov, Lev Lagorio. The exhibition exposition is divided into two sections. In one of them, the organizers of the exhibition posted paintings, the second section was devoted to graphics.
Among the graphic works are portraits of famous navigators and researchers, as well as paintings with scenes that tell how Russia became a sea power. In this section you can see the marine species, painted in watercolor. Drawings and engravings by talented Russian masters are also devoted to marine subjects.
For the exhibition, the staff of the museums participating in the project selected more than seventy works of art by Russian marinists. Among them, about twenty paintings belong to the brush of N.K. Aivazovsky. His work was highly appreciated by contemporaries back in those years when the artist studied at the Academy of Arts. Most of his paintings depict the Black Sea and the nature of Crimea. One of Aivazovsky’s favorite themes is the raging sea element, revealing the romantic nature of the painter.
The exhibition is open until the last days of February.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The art market today: prudence, pragmatism or …
- Spectators of "Noble birds" perceived the performance as reality
- In Taganrog präsentierte der Öffentlichkeit ein Bild von Polenov "Teich mit Segeln", zurückgekehrt aus Deutschland
- Igor Dryomin: Magic Square +
- Polenov, Picasso and not only: free lectures and excursions in the pavilion "Worker and Collective Farm Girl" at VDNKh
- "Collection of the Ulyanovsk Art Museum: Polenov, Plast, Picasso and not only"
- Eine Ausstellung eines Gemäldes von Wassili Dmitrijewitsch Polenow "Schukowka auf Kljasma"
- In the Oryol Museum presented the exhibition "City and People", dedicated to the 450th anniversary of the formation of the Eagle
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!