The anniversary of the national artist of Russia May Miturich-Khlebnikov was celebrated with an exhibition in the Velimir Khlebnikov House-Museum Automatic translate
ASTRAKHAN. Connoisseurs of May Miturich-Khlebnikov’s creativity celebrated his anniversary on May 29th. The national artist of Russia on this day would have turned ninety years old. By the anniversary date of the successor of the Khlebnikov family, the exhibition “See Silence” was prepared in the middle of May in the House-Museum of the legendary poet Velimir Khlebnikov.
The house-museum of the famous poet, an uncle of Mayu Petrovich, was opened thanks to the family “Breadmaker collection”, brought by the artist in 1995 as a gift from Astrakhan. This collection became the basis of the poet’s museum, located on Sverdlov Street.
May Miturich-Khlebnikov is known in the world as a talented graphic artist who has illustrated more than a hundred books. His works were awarded diplomas in Russia, participated in exhibitions held in Bratislava and Leipzig, where they were awarded medals. Book illustrations received an award in Japan. In 2005, the artist was awarded the honorary Order of the Rising Sun.
The exhibition, which opened in the Velimir Khlebnikov Museum, shows another side of May Petrovich’s talent. Her exposition was created from paintings painted by the artist at different times. They were stored in the collection of the Astrakhan art gallery, and were not previously exhibited in the museum.
The canvases are written in various genres, however, they are all united in a special pictorial manner - the artist figuratively interprets reality. In the self-portrait “Cold Evening”, which May Petrovich worked on for about eight years, you can see how his inspired dreaminess leads a dialogue with the landscape visible in the space outside the window. This work is a real revelation of the artist.
The exhibition will run all summer, until September 6th. During her work, master classes will be held entitled "Based on the Tales of May Miturich."
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Tale in Colors" - Illustrationen berühmter Künstler in der Kunstgalerie zu ihnen. Dogadin
- "Theater extravaganza" from the Krasnodar artist Natalia Shvchenko expects guests in the "Zeichhaus"
- At the Astrakhan Drama Theater, the premiere of "Anna Karenina"
- In Astrakhan, the anniversary children’s theater festival "Mask-2015" was opened
- An exhibition of graphics by Yuri Lebedev has opened at the exhibition complex "Zeikhauz"
- Exhibition of the Astrakhan painter Alexei Mukhachev in the gallery "Zeichhaus"
- The first solo exhibition of the artist N.P. Prikazchikova in Astrakhan
- Names of winners of the festival "East Pomerania" announced