The Faberge Museum presented the work of the famous Mexican artist Frida Kahlo Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. For the first time, Russian art connoisseurs got the opportunity to get a detailed acquaintance with the work of Frida Kahlo, a Mexican artist. The opening ceremony of the exhibition was held at the Faberge Museum on February 2, which was attended by the leaders of the Museum and other officials of St. Petersburg, including Vice Governor Vladimir Kirillov and Sergey Naryshkin, Chairman of the Duma.
The opening of the exhibition of the world famous artist has become a landmark event for the culture of the Northern capital. Such a number of works of Frida Kahlo in Russia have never been seen before. Last year, visitors to the Hermitage could see only one work by the artist - "Self-Portrait with a Monkey." This was the first acquaintance of Russians with the work of a Mexican artist.
The exhibition, which unfolded within the walls of the Faberge Museum, contains 35 works by the artist, supplemented by photographs of Frida Kahlo and her family. The organizers took a whole year to create this exhibition. The difficulties of this process were described by Vladimir Voronchenko, director of the Museum. The work of Frida Kahlo is a national treasure, most of the paintings are in her Fund.
According to the rules of the Fund, it is not allowed to take them abroad. It became possible to organize this exhibition thanks to lengthy negotiations held by the Cultural-Historical Foundation “Link of Times”. It was impossible to select paintings for the exhibition, only those works that were allowed to be exported outside of Mexico arrived in St. Petersburg.
The works included in the exhibition belong to different periods of the work of Frida Kahlo. According to them, one can trace the whole difficult life of a talented artist who began to paint after a serious injury. Most of her works are self-portraits. You can see them before the end of April.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Zum ersten Mal in Russland: 35 Gemälde von Frida Kahlo werden in St. Petersburg ausgestellt
- Exhibition of one painting by Dmitry Mikhailovich Tarkhov (1893-1948) "Taking Kaluga" (1942)
- Kingdom of crooked mirrors 6+
- The Museum of Architecture opens a permanent exhibition "Kalyazin. Frescoes of the Flooded Monastery"
- Lecture "The Image of a Woman in the Mirror of Times"
- Exhibition of Irina Kalinina "Earthly-heavenly"
- Exhibition "Baikal Regions. Angarsk. Infinity of Search"
- Art and music exhibition of Polina Ilyushkina "WITH EASTER ON THE EARTH’S BALL"