An exhibition of paintings and engravings of mythological subjects opened at the State Oil Museum Automatic translate
NIZHNY NOVGOROD. Until June 18, art connoisseurs who have visited the new exhibition opened at the State Oil Museum will enter a world where ancient myths and legends come to life in works of art performed by Western European masters. The organizers of the exhibition created its exposition from artworks stored in the funds of the National Oil and Chemical Museum.
Mythological plots in paintings created by artists of Western Europe, who worked in the XVII-XVIII centuries, were very popular. During this time, a whole gallery of antique images was created, born of Western European painters. Their canvases were replicated with the help of engravings, preserved both in collectors’ collections and in libraries.
For the creators of engravings, such work related to the search for ways to convey the beauty and richness of pictorial originals, became an opportunity to create new engraving techniques, as well as experiments with already known techniques. The exhibition features works created by Nicola Delaunay and Victor Marie Pico.
These masters, using the technique of color etching for their works, achieved the necessary color effect using several printing forms. Next to their works, you can see works made in a unique "pencil manner". Their authors are Francesco Bartolozzi and Teresa Eleanor Lange.
Francesco Bartolozzi and such masters of engraving as Jean Jacques Avril, Giovanni Volpato, whose works are also on display, worked in a variety of engraving techniques, sometimes invented by him personally. The organizers of the exhibition believe that its visitors will not only get acquainted with the work of Western European masters of art, but also see how rich and varied the collection stored in the museum is.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Exposición documental "Sonia Delaunay: en busca de identidad"
- The Queen of Spades is not for the faint of heart
- "Queen of Spades" closed the festival "Opera - Everyone" in St. Petersburg
- Queen of Spades 12+
- Return to order. How avant-garde artists of the 20th century switched to classicism
- Polenov, Picasso and not only: free lectures and excursions in the pavilion "Worker and Collective Farm Girl" at VDNKh
- "Collection of the Ulyanovsk Art Museum: Polenov, Plast, Picasso and not only"
- Exposición "Pablo Picasso. Párrafos"
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!