"Ostroumova-Lebedeva - artist and collector" - a new exhibition in the Russian Museum Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. The Russian Museum presented a new exhibition, continuing the exhibition cycle, in which art lovers get acquainted with private collections, which at different times entered the museum collection. Now museum visitors have the opportunity to see works of art belonging to Petersburg artist Ostroumova-Lebedeva.
The exhibition, located in Mikhailovsky Castle, contains not only the works of the artist herself, but also works of art that were part of her own collection. The organizers emphasized this feature of the exhibition in its name. Anna Petrovna’s collaboration with the Russian Museum began in 1916, when he acquired the first nine works of the artist.
In subsequent years, Anna Petrovna repeatedly presented her works to the Russian Museum. The heir to her unique collection in the will of the artist was also named the Russian Museum, where all the works included in her collection were transferred in 1955. Most of the collection was represented by works created by the artist herself.
Although Ostroumova-Lebedeva preferred the art of engraving in her work, the legacy left by the artist included watercolors, drawings and paintings. In the rest of the collection, there were works by masters who created their graphic works at the same time as Anna Petrovna. Many of them turned to the creation of engravings, inspired by the discoveries of the artist in the field of woodcut.
The opening exposition presents about 200 works from the collection of Ostroumova-Lebedeva. Engravings created in the 18th-19th centuries by Japanese artists, who had a great influence on the individual style of the artist, are placed in a separate part of the exposition.
The exhibition is available to visitors until November 7th.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Drei große Porträtmaler" aus der Sammlung des Russischen Museums werden den Bewohnern von Murmansk vorgestellt
- "Russian Dreams" by George Shishkin at an exhibition in the Russian Museum
- The Russian Museum presented visitors the exhibition "Vasily Kandinsky and Russia"
- Im Russischen Museum wurde eine große Ausstellung zur Zeit Peters des Großen eröffnet
- Im Belgorod Art Museum wurde eine Ausstellung mit Werken russischer Maler gezeigt - "Ein Jahrhundert des Bindens"
- The exhibition "Russia. Realism. XXI Century", presented in the Russian Museum, demonstrates the work of young artists
- "Family Portrait" - artists of the XVIII-XX centuries at an exhibition in the Russian Museum
- The Russian Museum celebrated the anniversary of Vasily Vereshchagin with a large-scale exhibition
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!