The State Historical Museum has opened a unique exhibition of graphics - interior views of the 19th – 20th centuries Automatic translate
MOSCOW. Since August 31, the Metropolitan History Museum (GIM) has been waiting for the exhibition, for the first time presenting a collection of graphics depicting the interiors of the imperial palaces, mansions belonging to noble people of Moscow and St. Petersburg, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, St. Catherine’s Church, erected at the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts. Among the graphic images included in the exposition, you can see the interiors decorating the Assumption Cathedral, which is part of the Moscow Kremlin complex.
The works selected for the exhibition were written by recognized masters who worked in the interior genre in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Their work allows not only to get acquainted with the household environment of those years, but also to note the dependence of the interior decoration of houses on the architectural styles used for their construction.
This exhibition can rightfully be called unique, since many of the interiors presented at the exposition in watercolors have not been preserved. The exposition includes watercolors depicting the interior of the living room, owned by Empress Alexandra Feodorovna. The living room was in the Small Nikolaevsky Palace, not preserved to this day. This watercolor is shown for the first time, since it required a long and thorough restoration.
Since the creators of the exhibition placed the works in chronological order, inspecting the exposition you can see how the style of the artists changed. If initially the drawings depicted a general view of the room, then later the authors began to depict individual parts of the interior in the form of “cropped” compositions.
Each of the sixty works first presented to the public is not only works of art, but also an important document. You can get to know them on November 28th.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- History Museum presents the history of merchants in portraits
- The Historical Museum began the restoration of the building of the former Moscow City Duma on Revolution Square
- The Historical Museum opens!
- History Museum of the capital celebrated the International Museum Day with the creation of a new exhibition
- Exhibition "Masterpieces of the Kremlin workshops"
- A grand concert in the Pashkov House will be preceded for the first time by the opening of the 15th International Festival "Musical Kremlin named after Nikolai Petrov"
- In Vologda, the performance "Tom Sawyer" started the festival "Summer in the Kremlin"
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!