A book about Tarkovsky, based on rare documents and photographs, has been released Automatic translate
IVANOVO. The Tarkovsky archive, acquired four years ago at Sotheby’s auction, is published.
Tarkovsky’s archive returned to his homeland after a long journey. Successful participation in the Sotheby’s auction in the pre-crisis 2012 year allowed to buy diaries, photos, scripts for films with notes made by the director for £ 1.3 million. The priceless archive not only enriched the exposition of the Andrei Arsenievich museum in Yuryevets, but also formed the basis of the book published this year.
The diaries of the director’s last seven years of life, begun shortly before his emigration and completed in the year he passed away, are invaluable information about this difficult period. Their study and processing helped to eliminate factual errors encountered in French and German translations. According to the sister of Tarkovsky, who worked with the archive, there were a lot of them: distortion or lack of names and dates, inaccuracy of translation. For loyal fans of the work of Andrei Arsenievich and those who knew him personally, such liberties are unacceptable. As well as the presence in the publication of some deeply personal, non-public moments. Tarkovsky’s voice, sounding on an audio CD attached to the book, creates the effect of the director’s presence, a lively dialogue with him about life and work.
The publication will be presented at the X International Tarkovsky Film Festival "Mirror", which will be held in the Ivanovo region from June 14 to 19.
Elena Tanakova © Gallerix.ru
- Like-minded festival, or a platform for free speech
- Announced the results of the anniversary festival "Mirror"
- Semana Andrei Tarkovsky
- Exposición "Andrei Tarkovsky. Artista espacial"
- Gotland, un punto en el mapa de la película. Ingmar Bergman y Andrei Tarkovsky
- "A raíz del sacrificio. Dedicación a Andrei Tarkovsky"
- Los expertos en cine "graduados" de Harvard están obligados a conocer a Eisenstein, Tarkovsky, Sokurov y varios otros nombres. El resto es opcional
- Scam of the century: fakes under the Old Masters upset the world of art
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!