A victory that will open access to Kafka’s unknown works Automatic translate
JERUSALEM. A court decision was issued confirming the rights of the National Library of Israel to the Kafka archive.
Max Brod, the executor of Franz Kafka, inherited the manuscripts of his works, diaries and letters after the death of his friend. In the archive there are even drawings of the writer - another facet of his talent. All these treasures, according to the will of Kafka, were subject to destruction after his death.
Brod’s prudence, which did not dare to engage in such barbarism, structured and “gathered” the most significant of them, preserved many texts of a tragic genius for posterity. So the archive was in Palestine, which sheltered Ford after Hitler came to power. Kafka’s works such as The Castle, America, and The Process saw the light of day. The Kafka-Brod archive after the death of the latter in 1968 was at his secretary Esther Hoffe.
The transfer of documents did not imply their commercial use or undivided possession of them. But contrary to the will of Brod, who dreamed of transferring rarities to one of the cultural institutions, the implementation of priceless manuscripts began. For eight years, the Hoffe daughters defended the right to Kafka’s archive in an Israeli court, but lost the long-running process.
Now, documents scattered across the banking cells of Tel Aviv and Zurich and lying there for more than half a century should be transferred to the ownership of the National Library. A long-awaited decision has been made that will not only systematize Kafka’s heritage, but also open up free access for it to millions of readers. Employees of the National Library of Israel are confident that work on the archive promises unexpected and very pleasant discoveries and will allow the publication of previously unknown works.
Elena Tanakova © Gallerix.ru
- The most mystical novel of the 20th century "Castle" on the stage of the theater "At the bridge"
- Die Ursprünge des Genies oder die Geschichte einer großen Familie
- A priceless collection of manuscripts, letters, photographs of Brodsky will now be stored at Stanford
- Roman vacation Linor Goralik and Olya Kroytor as a gift from the Brodsky Foundation
- Actor, critic, director - new winners of the Brodsky on Ischia Prize
- "Lenizdat" released a three-volume work of Joseph Brodsky, some of which is published in Russia for the first time
- Igor Dryomin: Romantic Realism. Soviet painting 1925-1945
- "El año en que nací" - bajo este nombre se mostró un boceto de la actuación. creado en el teatro para ellos. Volkova jóvenes directores metropolitanos