For the first time in the capital, Satyricon presented Arnold Wasker’s play "The Kitchen" Automatic translate
MOSCOW. For three nights, starting on April 27th, the Satirikon Theater hosted premiere performances. Konstantin Raikin, artistic director of the theater, presented to the audience his new directorial work - the play "Kitchen". The play, which became the basis of the production, is well known. Its author, the Englishman Arnold Wasker, wrote The Kitchen in 1956, and three years later the play on this play was first staged in London.
Another two years passed, and in 1961, her film adaptation appeared, staged by American director James Hill. The author of the play actively participated in the filming. After the release of the film on the screen, the play interested many directors. She began to translate into the languages of various countries and put on her performances.
In Moscow, the play "The Kitchen" has not yet been staged, so the audience of "Satyricon" was the first metropolitan audience to see it on stage. According to the director, working on the production of the play was difficult, because thirty people are constantly on the stage. What their impression will be on the audience depends on their well-coordinated, impeccable work.
The performance takes place in the kitchen of a large restaurant, where the atmosphere, especially during rush hours, looks like a madhouse. Feverish rush, a huge number of negative emotions directed at each other. In relations between kitchen staff and waiters, hatred prevails at the subconscious level, but both of these categories of workers carry it to visitors.
Thus, the playwright came up with a peculiar model of the world, Konstantin Raikin created from the play a modern parable, where there is a tragic beginning. Sometimes it’s incredibly difficult to remain human. What to do if a person cannot be alone, and at the same time, communication between people sometimes leads to their death.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Theater "Satyricon" opened the new season with the performance "Man from a Restaurant"
- Established a new literary award called "Theatrical Novel"
- The Theater Critics Association (ATC) has summed up the results of 2016. Man of the Year - Konstantin Raikin, performance of the year - "Prince" by Konstantin Bogomolov
- Theaters of Vladivostok saw the most famous performance of Roman Viktyuk - "Handmaids"
- The performance of Yuri Butusov “Othello” in “Satyricon” opened a new season
- Das Weihnachtskunstfestival endet in Nowosibirsk
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!